Wilson Carry Comp....What is the Street Price?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Nalajr, Mar 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all,

Maybe you all can help me out a bit here. I've got a buddy that would like to get a nice 1911 for his son. He mentioned several, by a couple different makers. One that he mentioned was the Wilson Carry Comp. Can anyone give me an idea as to what the street price for these would be?
    I just checked the website and they currently list 2, in the COMPACT frame size, which is what I think he is talking about, the X-Tac Elite Carry Comp in 45acp and 9mm at $3,960 and the Carry Comp in 45acp at $3,200. Both of them are in steel frame. I thought they had these in an aluminum framed version as well and I think he did too since he was talking about carry.

Questions..

1. Can you give me an estimated street price one of these would go for?
    2. Does Wilson make a Carry Comp with an aluminum frame?
    3. Are any other companies making a carry comp in an aluminum frame in case Wilson isn't or they won't?

If you also don't mind, how about giving your thoughts on this pistol and whether you'd like to own one or because of the comp, you'd pass and go to something else.

Thanks for your time.
    Larry

2. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Best way to get an answer would be to call one of their Elite Dealers such as George from Gunslingers.

BigJimP likes this.

3. nix_gary

nix_gary Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2017
    I just got a used one with a steal frame very lightly used about a week ago for almost 2600 shipped. I am a huge commander size guy. And this one is a little longer but still has a great feel. To me it shoots like a fullsize gun with pussycat rounds even though I was trying out max book loads.

I’m not sure if they can be had with a alloy frame but don’t see why not. Here’s mine[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1L26, Nick Rice and simonp like this.
  4. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Contact our forum sponsors..

mikegalway likes this.
  5. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
  6. Greenrunner

Greenrunner Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    3EAD0754-47A9-4DE0-B979-6F1DFFF51064.jpeg My understanding is they will put a comp barrel in any standard 1911 (not EDC X9) that takes a 4 inch barrel. This is my ULCC that of course has a LW frame.

BBP and nix_gary like this.
  7. BBP

BBP Enabler Sponsor

Feb 1, 2014
    I am a dealer, but not an Elite dealer. I think we have a couple sponsors that are Elite dealers. It would be worth your time to contact them for the best price.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nix_gary likes this.
  8. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    WOW!! Those are gorgeous!

Now I want one!!

Thanks guys.

Larry

nix_gary likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted