1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice gun and price! Is that an aftermarket bushing?
It's a Kart bushing installed by Chambers Custom.

I sent it to Chambers for a fit/function check and he tuned the ejector and installed the Kart bushing to ensure that he could fit the barrel lugs to his satisfaction.

That gun passes The Barrel Fit Challenge with flying colors!

ETA: Forgot to mention that I'm the original owner of that gun. It was carried some and shot not much. It always ran 100% reliable but I wasn't totally satisfied with the initial wear pattern on the slide stop, so instead of trying to get Wilson to fix it, I killed it with fire and sent her to Chambers. He blueprinted the whole thing and said it was damn nice, just needed a minor tweak to the ejector nose and a bushing to bring the barrel fit up to his satisfaction.

·
Registered
712 Posts

I sent it to Chambers for a fit/function check and he tuned the ejector and installed the Kart bushing to ensure that he could fit the barrel lugs to his satisfaction.

This in itself is a BIG upgrade.
This one will be considerably more accurate IMO.
Big selling point and now I’m thinking.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

ETA: Forgot to mention that I'm the original owner of that gun. It was carried some and shot not much. It always ran 100% reliable but I wasn't totally satisfied with the initial wear pattern on the slide stop, so instead of trying to get Wilson to fix it, I killed it with fire and sent her to Chambers. He blueprinted the whole thing and said it was damn nice, just needed a minor tweak to the ejector nose and a bushing to bring the barrel fit up to his satisfaction.
Thanks for the input on this as this fine piece needs to receive due accolades for how sweet it is!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts