1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Vendor
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Morning Addicts!

Today is going to be a good day, and do you know why?? We just received a couple STUNNING Wilson Combat's that are absolute show stoppers....To start the morning, here is an absolutely beautiful CQB Elite...

• Full-Size Carbon Steel Frame, Mirror Polish Salt Blue
  • 30 LPI High Cut Checkered Frontstrap
  • High-Ride Bullet Proof® Beavertail Grip Safety
  • Bullet Proof® Thumb Safety, Retro Tab
  • 3 ½# - 4 ½# Crisp Trigger Pull
  • Countersunk Slide Stop
  • Bullet Proof® Magazine Well
  • Bullet Proof® Magazine Release
  • Cross Cut Mammoth Tooth Grips
  • 5" Carbon Steel Slide, Mirror Polish Salt Blue
  • Battlesight with White Gold Bead Front Sight
  • 5" Stainless Match Grade Bull Barrel, Hand Fit
  • Wide Rear Cocking Serrations
  • Fluted Chamber
  • Chambered in .45ACP
  • 30 LPI Slide Top Serrations
  • 40 LPI Serrated Rear of Slide
  • Ball Endmill Cuts
MSRP- $5070
PM me for Addicts Pricing

As always we accept trades, cash, checks and credit cards. We also offer multiple financing options. Finally Addicts NEVER pay credit card fees, shipping and we will pay up to 20 bucks of your transfer cost at your local FFL. Buy with confidence.

Ryan

IMG_6743.JPG
IMG_6742.JPG
IMG_6744.JPG
IMG_6741.JPG
IMG_6765.JPG

·
born in the wrong century
4,292 Posts
Nice. But I need a bigger Stimulus Package.

After seeing those pics.....two things immediately happened:

1) I started drooling

2) My stimulus package began to pop a chubby

Damn fine looking.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Jess, a few questions regarding the salt blue CQB. Pleas excuse my ignorance. I had heard of this type of finish but never saw it. Absolutely beautiful! The only thing else I would have done is a naked slide both sides but that is just me.
1. From a durability standpoint how does this finish compare to DLC, black nitride, hard chrome?
2. Can you order other firearms from Wilson with this finish?
Thanks

·
Vendor
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jess, a few questions regarding the salt blue CQB. Pleas excuse my ignorance. I had heard of this type of finish but never saw it. Absolutely beautiful! The only thing else I would have done is a naked slide both sides but that is just me.
1. From a durability standpoint how does this finish compare to DLC, black nitride, hard chrome?
2. Can you order other firearms from Wilson with this finish?
Thanks
So the finish is very durable but it is almost impossible to keep finger prints off that mirrored finish.

Wilson does their own in house blue now called Deluxe Blue. I have worked with Wilson for years and like many other fine dealers occasionally you can talk them into doing things for you.

I found an excellent write up online right now talking about the 3 main bluing options that Wilson has used and currently uses. I copied it and will post it here for you. I can’t take credit for the following it was found on another forum but is very well explained.

Jess

FIRST

Turnbull...was a $450 upgrade finish option (discontinued 2/2014) and subcontracted through Doug Turnbull who is known world wide for his high dollar firearm restorations. It's his proprietary mixture of bone and charcoal in a furnace that gives the finish a distinct grayish blue color. All the metal prep was preformed by Wilson Combat and the polished sides were polished to a 600 grit finish.

SECOND

Baron Blue...was a $550 upgrade finish option (discontinued 2/2014) and subcontracted through Baron Technology, Inc. who is known world wide for their high dollar firearm engraving and deep rich blued finishes. It's his proprietary salt bath mixture that gives the finish a very deep and dark blue color similar to the old school Colt Pythons from years ago! All the metal prep was preformed by Wilson Combat and the polished sides were buffed to a perfect black mirror finish. Its basically like a mirror in the shape of a gun and very hard to capture its essence with a camera.

LINK: http://baronengraving.com/

THIRD

Deluxe Blue...This is now the only blued finish offered by Wilson Combat (costing $350) and it's done "in house". WC has explained in various posts that this decision was made to streamline operations, decrease order times, and to keep quality control over the finishes in house. Wilson Combat uses a salt bath mixture and it has a traditional dark blue color. Wilson Combat also polishes the sides to a 400 grit finish.

·
Super Moderator
821 Posts
Jess, thanks so much for the info. It appears the same as the other finishes, the prep is the all important step. Does Wilson offer different levels of polish of the Deluxe Blue such as a semi gloss in lieu of the mirror polish?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
:morning:

:bang:

:computer:

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
If Ya'll want to keep your Woody.....................Don't let your wife see the price tag!

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I hate :bang: this freaking :bang: message board! :bang:

Stunning!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

PM sent

lion facepalm.jpg

·