1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
born in the wrong century
8,953 Posts
I've always admired the looks of this line of Wilsons. I could see myself with one. Less the ambi safety. Black barrel and a flat solid trigger.
(y) Great shooters that carry really well.

I could be wrong....but I think the trigger options are limited to the solid curved (different lengths) and the flat cavity version. No flat solid.

EDIT: Looks like they did offer a curved cavity option in different lengths. (y)

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,410 Posts
(y) Great shooters that carry really well.

I could be wrong....but I think the trigger options are limited to the solid curved (different lengths) and the flat cavity version. No flat solid.
Curved solid with serrated face would work. A black flat serrated face would look pretty good though I think.

Reactions: Dub

·
Registered
101 Posts
This thing is right up my alley. I'm gonna start looking for a local shop that has one cuz I'd love to hold it and get a feel. Makes me wonder though about a side by comparison to a NH Counselor. I know the NH has a longer barrel and it's single stack, there's not too many high end carry driven pistols in this size category so I'd have to put the Wilson up against it.

·
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
6,410 Posts
A few shots from the video. One piece frame, trigger options and mag capacities.

Hand Automotive tire Finger Motor vehicle Auto part

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Automotive tire

3.25 in with 18+1? Heck yeah.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Airsoft gun

By far the easiest to carry in the EDC line plus it's hands down the best looking as well.
Automotive tire Bumper Engineering Tire Machine

·
born in the wrong century
8,953 Posts
Curved solid with serrated face would work. A black flat serrated face would look pretty good though I think.

I am mighty fond of the flat offering in my EDC X9. Extremely comfortable and the feel is great.

They did a great job with the setup of this one...just what I asked George to specify in terms of weight. Clean & crisp.

I wish I could have this identical trigger setup in every pistol.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Two models -- EDC X9 and SFX9 -- with slightly different grips and otherwise identical, no? As I understand it, these with ARs represent the overwhelming bulk of Wilson sales these days, far surpassing the 1911 that got Wilson there.

So I guess I understand building the line-up, but I still shake my head a little that these two lines are effectively the same gun but for slight variation in circumference.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts