1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up from The Wichita Gun Club Sponsor on this forum. Good pricing fast shipping Great communication.

Now the Wilson Combat EDC X9S. Got it home took apart clean and oiled. Not much of range report only shot 50 rounds of American Eagle 124 and 20 rounds of Federal HST 124 HP. Was planning a full day but my range is closed for a while.

Shot paper at 7 yds. and steel at 25 yds. (that what the range offers).

7 yds. was grouping low at first. I was shooting pumpkin on a fence post at first then correct to split the dot. All shots where with in a 2to3 inch group slow fire. Dump the last 10 rounds fast was with in a 7to 8 in group. The 25 yds. steel was at an 8” disk shot 10 round hit 8 of 10.

No issues, very clean trigger break not much take up. Great sight picture. I have owned several 1911 + clone (Colt Gold Cup, Colt Defender, Kimber Ultra Carry II 3”,SIG 938, Springfield 911 9mm) This is the best IMO size, trigger, recoil. As far as recoil, not much, very easy to shoot.

I was a little concern at first about the grip being aluminum but so far not an issue while shooting or carrying. I have it in a KeyHole Nano Tuck-N-Hide Hybrid holster with the 25d cant clip. This was the holster I used for my Kimber Ultra Carry II 3”. It was a little tight at first due to the light rail on the Wilson but after a few draw and holster it worked it self in.

Hopefully this will open up soon an I can post a full range report with target pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mine seems to impact low of point of aim also. These are the first 50 round I put through it at 10 yards. I love the way it shoots, and grip is no problem at all with my big mitts. To me personally it's like shooting the EDC X9. Now if I could just find a holster for it. I bought the one Wilson sells for it, don't waste your time/money.

target.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Thanks for sharing your thoughts guys.
Mrs. C. is still waiting for Jess to get her Pewter one in. Until then, she borrows my X9L.

·
Cav Troopers Dad
990 Posts
I have one that should arrive at my FFL today, I'm really looking forward to it. For those who have these already are you shooting mainly with the 15 round magazine or are you using both? Do you notice a big difference when using the 10 round versus the 15? I was really on the fence about this one for awhile and then after comparing it to my Glock 27 size wise I could see the similarities size wise and remember how easy it was to carry the G27. The G27 is also the Glock I shoot the best for whatever reason. I am looking forward to getting my X9S, hopefully my range will be open.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I shoot with both. I noticed that if you static grip the gun with the 15 it feels much better because you can get your pinky on it. When I shoot it however i don't notice any difference to be honest. It's not like you can't hang on to it, it's not a 44 mag. I do tend to grip very hard and really drive the gun though. You will love it once you shoot it, very accurate. I have noticed that appendix carry it tends to tilt out because it and the holster are so short. Enjoy!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shot both did not find a difference my hand fits the 10 round with full grip. I carry with the 10 round in and 15 in pocket

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not yet on the holster. I’ve called/emailed everyone and they all say no market for it so no.

·
Cav Troopers Dad
990 Posts
I’ve been using a Milt Sparks Criterion for a 4” 1911. I have one specifically for the X9S on order. Palmetto Leatherworks, TT Gunleather and Sparks list it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something fairly slim, if possible... I have been using Tulster Kydex for my P365 and like The minimalist build. I would say I have enough holsters to sell off and buy another X9S with the amount that I have in a drawer. I will check out some that are referenced in the thread and update! same issue when I bought Dan Wesson ECO a couple years back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
hey guys, anyone find a decent holster for it?? I agree with the above, as the W/C holster is not great..
I found a used Kramer 1.5 model, fits like a glove. The holster was well broken in, min EDCS is the non-railed model. It also fits in some other holsters around the house - like a glove? No; but certainly good enough. And it wouldn't take a lot for them to give the glove-like fit - just use. I've been surprised on holster selection quite truthfully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Garret Industries makes a holster for it. Strangely it wasn’t listed in the models available, but I emailed them and they told me to order the EDC X9 model and specify that it’s for the X9S.

I’ve had it for a couple months now and it works well.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Mine seems to impact low of point of aim also. These are the first 50 round I put through it at 10 yards. I love the way it shoots, and grip is no problem at all with my big mitts. To me personally it's like shooting the EDC X9. Now if I could just find a holster for it. I bought the one Wilson sells for it, don't waste your time/money.

View attachment 441259
Damn just received wilson holster for x9s after a month wait. Should’ve seen this post lol. I do not like it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
470 Posts
Damn just received wilson holster for x9s after a month wait. Should’ve seen this post lol. I do not like it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I understand your feelings - buying high end pistols without holding them in the hand is tough - though one can pretty much rest easy on getting good mechanics - but, will they feel right?

But buying holsters for those same pistols sight unseen is a nightmare - it's worse than a date with your sisster's best friend in high school......a lot worse.

don't know what you bought, but I'm still looking at holsters. As I said, some of my 1911 holsters work OK; some less than ok; some, well not at all.

What's your latest EDC-S discovery?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts