1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a brand new Wilson Combat Compact Sentinel 9mm and put less than 100 rounds through it. It ran flawlessly, but as I was cleaning the gun I noticed some of the frame had chipped away where the guide rod meets the frame. Is this something I should be concerned about? Especially since it doesn’t even have more than 100 rounds through it. Should I contact Wilson Combat? I just want to know if this is normal. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,083 Posts
Could be that your guide rod could use a bit of a bevel where it goes inside that tunnel. Or maybe that tunnel needs to get reamed. The wear marks should be on the face where the guide rod sits, not really inside.

post pics up close and in focus better if you can.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Like EVO said
BUT
I would call Wilson Monday morning and email photo's to them

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
7,435 Posts
Interesting it's on the same spot on both sides

·
Registered
748 Posts
Submit a warranty request on their website or call them. Kent Villines will likely have a shipping label to you by the end of day tomorrow or Tuesday.

They will get that taken care of pretty quickly.

Sucks to have to send a gun back, but you should have it back pretty soon.

What kind of ammo were you running?

·
NRA Endowment member
3,252 Posts
@John2763
Ironically. here is a post made a couple of days ago from a fellow addict that replaced his guide rod with a Wilson Combat unit and noticed similar almost identical damage marks that coincide with what you are showing to the frame. Have a look and compare your guide rod to his.
Very interesting and hard to believe this coming from Wilson Combat.
As previously advised, Call customer service ASAP!
Unusual wear on guide rod? | 1911 Firearm Addicts (1911addicts.com)

·
Premium Member
Lots. And lots.
92 Posts
I have every confidence that Wilson will make this right. An aggravation, yes, but it happens—and there's peace of mind when dealing with a company like Wilson that stands by its products.

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts