1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novice Glock as I am. I just curious and I am trying to get clarification with Wilson Combat Glock customization, they offer different package Paul Howe, Vicker Elite and Package 2. But most of them are similar features to me, taken off Gen.

Paul Howe :
  • Full Fit Wilson Combat Barrel
  • Stippled Starburst Pattern Frame
  • Stippled Thumb Pads, Wilson Combat Logo
  • Paul Howe Cut on Trigger Guard
  • 4.5 Lbs. Action Tune
  • Black Armor-Tuff® Slide
  • CSAT Logo on Slide
  • Wilson Combat Square Notch Battlesight with AmeriGlo Tritium with Green Outline Front Sight
  • Paul Howe Wide Slide Top Serrations
  • Extra Long Back Strap Pin
Vicker Elite :
  • Stippled Frame, Vickers Tactical Logo
  • Stippled Thumb Pads, Wilson Combat Logo
  • Duty Action Tune
  • TangoDown/Vickers Tactical Magazine Release
  • TangoDown/Vickers Tactical Grip Plug
  • TangoDown/Vickers Tactical Basepads on 3 Magazines
  • TangoDown/Vickers Tactical Trigger Pad
  • TangoDown/Vickers Tactical Slide Stop
  • Black Armor-Tuff® Slide
  • Battlesight with Green Fiber Optic Front Sight
  • Wide Slide Top Serrations
  • Front Cocking Serrations
Vendor :
  • Snag Free Front Fiber Optic Sight
  • Black Serrated Rear Battle Sight
  • Armor Tuff Black Slide
  • Wilson logo engraved top of slide
  • Wilson Action Tune Trigger Job
  • Top of Slide Serrations 28LPI
  • Front Cocking Serrations
  • Stipple Thumb Pad - right side
  • Stipple Thumb Pad - left side
  • Radius Muzzle for carry
  • Stipple Frame - Starburst Pattern
  • Comes with three 15 round magazines
  • 3 Backstraps
I could not tell which package gives better experience than the other. Have anyone had experience with any of package or both? Sharing experience needed.

Thanks

· Premium Member
NHC Falcon, Shadow Hawk, G21 and 19X
10,314 Posts
Anything over a stock Glock is going to be better. I've not personally held or shot one of theirs but I have built a lot of them and you spend about the same money either way.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I owned the Paul Howe Glock 19. Great gun, but I think it was over-priced. I traded it, got a stock Glock and upgraded the sights.
If not consume much of your time. Can you elaborate more on why was it great? and what made your decision to trade it over stock? I have not held nor shot one, but I've shot G19 Gen5 stock, it was good, trigger and grips. To me, Vicker Elite gives more upgrade parts compare to Paul Howe package, doubt if all of them justify the price.

· Registered
157 Posts
No worries. I am a WC fanboy. I have owned several of their 1911's, beretta, and even G19. I think the idea of an upgraded Glock was attractive to me because I hadn't owned a G19 yet and thought why not get the best. And it's a great gun (reliability, shootability, parts, etc).

One day I was shooting with a friend who had a stock G19. We tried each others, and I could hardly tell a difference. Maybe NO difference.

So to me, a stock G19 is a much better value. It's naturally shooting. Reliable. Affordable. (Just upgrade the sights)

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not to derail but if looking for upgraded Glocks, I’d look at Langdon tactical and not Wilson.
In term of price, LTT is close to WC with their custom work and stippling, except that they can also work on front Grip whilst WC does not.

Just my opinion if you are that price range for a upgraded Glock id just get a shadow systems.
Thank, I will take a look at this.

· Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What is the intended purpose for the firearm?

I would be weary of investing $1500 on a Wilson combat Glock, you are paying for the roll mark and someone $1000 to install a couple hundred worth of add ons that add almost nothing for performance.
That's great question. I just curious about their offer. I've owned a few WC 1911 and their 1911 are awesome, but just curious about their Glock.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
Wilson fits a barrel on these? Are folks starting to use Glocks in Bullseye?

I am with those that recommend building your own or buying a Shadow Systems, but I have zero experience with Wilson Glocks. I did shoot a Zev and found it underwhelming for the price…. Building one you at least get some enjoyment out of the process and have some cash left to try 2-3 different parts before settling on the one you like.

If you decide to build a Gen4, these guys are liquidating Shadow Systems MR918 frames. I paid the $200 for mine and would gladly buy 2-3 more at $130 but not sure I want to build more Glocks…

· Registered
1,427 Posts
I’ll preface with I am a huge WC fan and have many of their 1911’s. But honestly their Glocks are overpriced now that the Gen 5 is out.

A stock Gen 5 is nearly as good in components. Maybe upgrade the trigger. But I would buy a Gen 5(assuming you want a 9mm) all day every day before buying a modified Gen 3 or 4 from WC...or almost anyone else at this point.

· born in the wrong century
10,823 Posts
I had the Vickers version and same reaction. Nice gun, overpriced for what it was.

I have one now.

Full agreement with you.

If I were going to do so again.....I'd get a GEN5 G19 MOS and throw away their plates & sights...get a solid aftermarket plate and some 10-8 RDS-friendly sights (fiber optic front) and a Timney trigger.

Then shoot the piss out of it and try to break something. Clean it...or not....keep the optic lens wiped down and shove it in a holster.

· Registered
149 Posts
You see Bill Wilson start to expand away from 1911s that’s what I’d call a clue. He’s not getting any 1911 orders but wants to keep his gunsmiths employed.

Frankly, if he can’t live off 47D money, he needs to fire his accountant and lawyer. Or fire the lawyer, just because he’s a lawyer.

· Registered
4,017 Posts
You see Bill Wilson start to expand away from 1911s that’s what I’d call a clue. He’s not getting any 1911 orders but wants to keep his gunsmiths employed.

Frankly, if he can’t live off 47D money, he needs to fire his accountant and lawyer. Or fire the lawyer, just because he’s a lawyer.
Interesting perspective that has absolutely nothing to do with the question asked. Why shouldn’t he take advantage of the brand name he built over the years and service the firearms community in areas new to him?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts