Wilson Combat Wilson Combat KZ 45 ... polymer frame!

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Xring, Jan 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Xring

Xring Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I visited a LGS today and spotted a polymer-framed 1911 with a tag that said "Wilson KZ 45 ..." It instantly grabbed my attention because I never knew Wilson Combat made any polymer-framed 1911s.

Of course, I fondled it a bit. In my non-expert opinion, the slide was of Wilson quality. Gripping the KZ 45 felt kinda odd due to the lightweight of the pistol ... and, well, the grip had that "polymer" feel.

Anyways, does anyone on this forum own or have shot a Wilson Combat KZ 45? What do you think of it? How does it compare to the typical steel-framed Wilson? If you sold it, why? Would you get one again? Please share all the juicy details!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015

3. Xring

Xring Member

Dec 31, 2018
  4. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Honestly thought you were Russian troll until I googled it. Wilson is top notch in everything they do but instead of taking the Rolex approach (limit dealers and distribution, increase demand and price), they sometimes dive into things that devalue them, in my opinion. I like polymer pistols just fine but if I saw a polymer 1911 it would take all my self control to not throw it into the Long Island sound.

k38, m2man and BenchMonkey like this.
  5. Howe45acp

Howe45acp Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2017
    I remember these from the late 90’s & early 2000’s. If my memory is correct, they were a “Hi-Cap” offering.

6. Mistman

Mistman Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Had one for a while. It's hi-cap but not real high, 10 rnds sorta double stacked.

They're okay but compared to a 2011 not even close. The grip is really squared off in the front, I didn't find it all that comfortable to shoot and mine didn't shoot any better than any other off the shelf 1911's I have. Couldn't find a good reason to keep it and the name doesn't do anything for resale in my area. I ended up trading it off eventually. They really aren't anything special.

7. cgff

cgff Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2015
    I also had one some years ago, I bought it used it was the compact model? 10 round magazines
    Ran good nice trigger, I paid right around a grand for it, had the Wilson bag and 8 mags also with it
    Nightsights were dead. After the initial euforia wore off I was underwhelmed. Save your cash unless it’s a must have.
    I know it’s not a 1911 and sort of apples to oranges comparison.
    Honestly I’d go after a now discontinued Sig 227 SAS carry and buy a slew of mags for it.
    Or a sig 229 legion (9mm) SAO Not a 45, but similar principals

xTeleDude likes this.
  8. MStrahan

MStrahan Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2017
    I have one and I really like it. It shoots well and I've had zero issues. It is a 10rd capacity magazine. This is the second one I've had. I sold my first and regretted it so I picked up another one. If you've handled one and liked it I say go for it. It's a lot of gun for the price they are selling for these days.

cgff likes this.
  9. Morleda

Morleda New Member

Jul 28, 2014
    I’ve got the KZ45 and the KZ9. In my opinion, both are great guns.
    I was on a mission to find one of every Wilson Combat discontinued models.....that’s why I have these.

Also have the Spec Ops 9....actually have 2. One has been fired, the other is brand spanking new, and one of the very last ever produced.

Also have 2 of the Wilson Combat ADP, their “Advanced Development Pistol”

Also have a bunch of current Wilsons:
    3 EDC X9’s
    A Full size Tactical Supergrade (never fired) .45
    A full size CQB in .45
    A Ultralight compact carry in .45
    A stealth in .45
    A Sentinel in .45
    A Sentinel in 9mm (both Sentinels are the original models)
    There are more, but I can’t remember....
    Almost all will be for sale soon. Reply if interested.
    Dave [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Capthobo likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted