Wilson Combat Professional

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Greg M., Jun 1, 2020.

1. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Who all owns a Wilson Combat Professional and what are likes and dislikes about them? Please post pictures of yours also.

boatdoc likes this.
  2. Usp45ct

Usp45ct Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Yup....I have one. I bought it from someone here. I do need to get night sights put on it but it is a light weight, railed frame.

Delightful to shoot and carry.

3. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    The one I have my eye on is not light weight or railed. Just was wondering what thoughts were on it in general.

4. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    I found a “used” Professional .45 at a very good price and picked it up. I had carried a WC CQB Compact in the past, but always wanted a Professional.

This is what it looked like when I bought it:

E86BC05D-30CA-4B1A-90AA-2EA4FBFE2583.jpeg

I decided to make a few changes. Went all black, added a mag well and later changed the front sight to a big dot like my other pistols had.
    EAC940E7-732D-4B5B-A5AF-C101873C0C30.jpeg

The Professional is a great pistol, but my taste in pistols had changed and I sold it to pick up the next best thing. Today I wish I hadn’t sold it, but I do a lot of stupid gun things. If you want one, get it. Nothing wrong with the Professional, just me and my changing taste.

gps man, River runner, ILED93 and 3 others like this.
  5. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    There's absolutely nothing that I dislike about a WC Professional firearm. I love having a full length grip. It makes it such more balanced, easier to range shoot, to me accuracy is better with a full grip, & if you have large hands it just feels great.

I've always liked Commander size frames & shorter barrels. Three other big factors over an officer frame is: 1. You can control muzzle rise so much better, 2. Higher capacity magazines, & 3. a much, much bigger grip selection.

I'm semi disabled now & use a walker so I don't carry like I used to or hardly ever anymore. But if I did, you cant bet that it would be a Professional. I'd rather have the longer grip and conceal it than not to have it. A good cross draw holster like Andrew's Leather Car Jacker holster hides this exceptionally well & is comfortable to wear all day especially when driving.

Take care friends & good luck! JD

My WC Professional Sentinel with a 3.6" barrel.
    WC SENTINEL PROFESSIONAL (1).jpg WC SENTINEL PROFESSIONAL (3).jpg WC SENTINEL PROFESSIONAL (14).jpg WC SENTINEL 9MM PROFESSIONAL (5).JPG WC SENTINEL 9MM PROFESSIONAL (9).JPG

6. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    I love my professional as I like the balance of the shorter slide and I like the clean look of a bushing-less business end. This was maybe my greatest GB score ever has he had it listed wrong and I couldn't believe I scored the 38 super two/tone turnbull blue slide of SS beauty

I'd like another professional but I'm not buying guns anymore :roll:

Professional 38S.jpg

7. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    The only thing I’d want to change is the grips and get the barrel flush BBEAFF4B-170E-437B-B421-75B648203BE4.png

River runner and Lineman1982 like this.
  8. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    Oh and some different night sights.

9. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    I have one. Only thing I wish was different is the bobtail. Would prefer a round butt instead.

70A446DB-DDFD-48AA-A8CE-419D726BE005.jpeg

River runner and zChambers like this.
  10. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020

I like that. Good looking WC.

11. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Beautiful pistol but I'm not a fan of bob-tails either.

7.62Kolectr likes this.
  12. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    I bought an Elite Protector from this forum a while ago. It was a my default carry gun. I like the balance of the sub-commander slide and full size grip.

Barrel length and width are the my biggest issues when it comes to concealbility. For me the Protector is a good compromise between concealability and controllability. It was recently send back to Wilson for a concealment beavertail and hammer. Haven't been able to use it since it came back.

There are a good amount of pictures in the Wilson Combat picture thread.

https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/wilson-combat-picture-thread.46205/page-14
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    River runner likes this.
  13. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    zChambers, you described it great, just what I was trying to do. Great compromise between
    conceal-ability & still having great control of the gun.

If people would just try one or carry one for just a day, they would be hooked. Not to mention they are fun as all get out to shoot. JD

gps man, Greg M. and zChambers like this.
  14. dgoins816

dgoins816 Member

Apr 11, 2020
    I have one - 9mm black edition. I love it. It's been a great shooter - haven't done anything to it but clean it and train with it. That said, I have gone back and forth about adding a round butt magwell :).

15. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Get an EB 2 piece magwell. Then you can have one or not in about 1/2 a minute.

dgoins816 and Greg M. like this.
  16. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    the combo of a full-sized grip and a shorter slide(commander I believe) is something that just works for me

gps man and Greg M. like this.
  17. Greg M.

Mar 6, 2020
    That’s me I’m just not a full size 1911 kind of guy. I like commanders and 3.5” just a lot easier to carry for me.

Ohio likes this.
  18. BCD 45

BCD 45 Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2019
    Me also Doc. But my Professional Sentinel has a flush cut 3.6" barrel & it feels so good. And with the full size grips I don't get the muzzle flip that you do from a officer's frame.

19. Kevin Rohrer

Kevin Rohrer Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2014
    It's a Wilson. There is nothing to dislike, other than if it came w/ a full-length rod guide. But that is easily fixed.

20. azguy1911

azguy1911 Screw it, I'm buying more 1911's

Oct 22, 2015
    I love that Wilson, but I'm a bobtail whore

gps man and Greg M. like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted