1911 Firearm Addicts banner

Wilson Combat SFX9

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Bayou Kid 
#1 ·
Just added this to the herd. It was admittedly a bit of an impulse purchase.

Range report to follow soon.

Mike

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great, you’ll like it. I’ve been somewhat considering one since they came out. Been really thinking about it since I was at Wilson a couple months ago and actually got to see the new SFX model. Probably will be ordering one in the next month or so.

#5 ·
Considered something like this one but am waiting for the 15 round mag version since I have larger hands. (6'6" tall)

Do you feel there are any issues with hand fitment and recoil control?

#10 ·
Finally got the SFX9 out to the range yesterday.

I shouldn't have been surprised ... but I was surprised at how snappy this gun was in hand. Even with fairly mild American Eagle 124 grain FMJ ammo, the gun had a lot of snap. So, my first few shots were all over the place as I acclimated.

Once I tightened my combat grip, this gun really shined. The extended magazine helped a bit, but even with the flush fit 10 round magazine, I was cutting 4" groups at 15 yards. Not quite where I want to be with this gun, but I'm going to diligently practice with it and tighten that up.

I ordered one of the flush magazines with the extended pinky lip, which I'm hoping will give me the best of both words.

Mike

#12 ·
Three more mags and a holster arrived today, thanks to Wilson Combat's speedy order fulfillment.

I ordered one of each mag—the flush-fit 10 round, the flush-fit 10 round with the pinky extension, and the 15 round magazine. I already had a flush 10 and a 15 rounder, but I have a feeling that the 10 round with the pinky extension will become my go-to magazine for daily carrying this gun. It feels right, and won't be nearly as prone to printing as the 15 rounder.

I also ordered the "rapid response" holster, which is a fairly compact OWB holster. I have other holsters cut in this style and find that they work well for me, so I'm looking forward to giving this one a whirl.

Based on tonight's run of the SFX9 at the range, I think I can see this gun coming into daily rotation. It's a superb all-around piece.

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.