1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i think I was told by another Smith one time that a standard ringed commander hammer would work with this particular Beavertail, does anyone else have some experience using this grip safety? And is there no hammer cup milled into the billed portion of the grip safety? Is it just solid on top? I am trying to locate the shortest available grip safety that can be used with a retro spurred hammer.. I know the one on the A2 Dan Wesson has a spurred hammer and a much smaller profile to the bill, but it is also a tactical Grip safety with no memory bump... Any direction or help would be much appreciated.

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought you had to use a Wilson concealed hammer with that beavertail, I am pretty sure the Ed Brown takes all hammers.
The ed Brown says it will only accept the ringed or standard commander hammers.. The WC I believe it was Greg Derr who had told me one time that the ringed hammer would also work with the WC concealment. So, far the only one's I found were the WC and Ed Brown that advertise for concealment, just wasn't sure if anybody else was aware of anyone else..

·
Registered
47 Posts
John Harrison makes hammers for CC BTGS.
I think he makes reference to that particular BTGS.
It may work with his retro spur hammer as well, not sure on that, but I know for a fact that his hammers made specifically for CC BTGS with no hammer cups works extremely well.

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Wilson’s Spec Ops 9 hammer also works with Wilson’s Concealment BTGS.

Reactions: retrieverman

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I only used the Wilson Concealment hammer with mine. I never tried a larger hammer. The concealment hammer is noticeably smaller.
08EB71F9-B2EA-4048-BF6E-223C2DC7D834.jpeg
741E5638-4A0C-4D07-BA2F-7A6F39FB4EB8.jpeg

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Geez that looks nice and well blended!
Thanks. It’s not my best work but after talking to John Harrison who has built numerous EMPs and tried welding the aluminum frame tangs with poor result and Rogers Precision who has used the safeties a few times we devised a plan to try and tighten up the gaps. That was the best I could get with the parts available to me without being able to weld the aluminum frame tangs.

This is what can be achieved when I have good parts and a good frame.
F5C69EC9-AA9B-454E-88D7-CD94A0888347.jpeg
C828A09E-1BBE-474C-9311-21BDBDBE0215.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts