Wilson Combat WIlson Customer Service

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by JM44, Mar 27, 2019.

1. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    A few weeks ago I saw a very reasonably priced used CQB at a LGS and promptly drove down to pick it up. Upon checkout I noticed the guns serial did not match the test target and dog tag. I asked the LGS about it and they couldn’t provide a reason as to why they were different. At the price point it was at I decided to purchase it regardless. The LGS was supposed to look into it for me but I doubt they did.

Anyways, I just emailed Wilson this morning and outlined what had occurred. A few hours later I received a call from their customer service notifying me that they tracked down the previous owner and that he in fact has the paperwork for my CQB. They asked if they could provide him with my contact information and I agreed. The gentlemen just contacted me and we will be mailing each other the correct paperwork shortly.

I own other Wilsons but never had to use their customer service before. I am very impressed at not only how prompt they resolved this matter but also that they conducted it all via phone. Needless to say I will continue to be a loyal customer. I don’t believe they have a rep on here but hope this positive feedback gets back to them in some form.

pcso13, robustbambi, BR549er and 13 others like this.
  2. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    LMAO..I have your tags and paperwork @JM44. The lgs told me of the error( I grabbed the wrong gun rug/bag when I traded that gun in).

The lgs told me they would contact you so we could exchange build sheets and dog tags. The worthless prick you spoke with NEVER even called me yet he told you I did not have the items EVEN after I informed them I found the items and wanted to get them to you...sheesh. I know that guy . he is as useful as tits on a bull
    low and behold Mr Steve Kelley called me and we discussed what happened. I calle d you today and your paperwork and dogtags are ready to ship
    wc-cs=the best.

enjoy that gun BTW..it is a great shooter. I bought a 9mm version to replace it. I do miss it but I made out ok

sorry for the error

robustbambi, k38, tarosean and 8 others like this.

3. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    That's impressive. Especially for someone who is not the original owner.

ronin11, JM44 and boatdoc like this.
  4. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018

Small world. :)

7.62Kolectr, JM44 and boatdoc like this.
  5. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    great record keeping by WC too. Because I registered the gun, they knew to call me( I was the 2nd owner )

glad we worke d it out ourselves . obviously the slug from the LGS(owned bya friend no less) dropped the ball completely. Thanks to WC CS the ending is perfect

limbkiller, JM44 and B81 like this.
  6. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    Too funny! I should have inquired if you were an “addict” when we spoke. Both shoreliners who appreciate boats and gray/black Wilson’s, imagine that!

Re: LGS, I like them and am trying to give them business after my local place closed but they are making it tough. Prior to this they jerked me around for 3 days on a Wilson that was sent there from one of our exceptional sponsors.

boatdoc likes this.
  7. Cop_Out

Cop_Out Pearl Pimp Supporting Addict

Feb 3, 2017
    Great story. Thanks for sharing.

boatdoc and JM44 like this.
  8. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Thanks for sharing this great experience with us all. These types of circumstances is what sometimes makes an easy decision when purchasing a new or used gun.
    Glad to here all worked out for y’all.

9. Raul Perez

Raul Perez Member

Mar 25, 2019
    Lol small world indeed.

Their customer service is impressive.

I used WC CS to replace the front sight on my XTAC. Fast and easy with no charge.

Going out to reach to the original owner that's a new level.

10. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
    Just goes to show how good the relationships here are among members. You can be sure that ANY DEAL made here with a well known member will be worked out satisfactorily.

boatdoc, JM44, Fred_G and 2 others like this.
  11. 7.62Kolectr

7.62Kolectr On guard

Jun 6, 2018
    You two should get some dna tests done to see if your long lost cousins or something.
    Strange, weird story with a happy ending.

JM44 and boatdoc like this.
  12. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    What are odds on that... Very impressive customer service from everyone that’s helping to make it right! :cheers:

Capthobo, boatdoc and JM44 like this.
  13. BigJimP

BigJimP Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Wilson's service has always been impressive ! I have used it 5 times now in 13 years..../ they pay freight both ways, repair warranty work has a priority in shop....always cordial & knowledgeable folks../ I have told this story before ...but...

Bought new gun ...5" Protector, full sized, all stainless, 9mm in 2006. I have averaged 20,000+ rds a year thru gun...but right at 300,000 rds as of today.

In 2012 ..Broke extractor ...got gun back in 7 calendar days ! ( 150,000 rds)
    In 2015 ... broke side tube ...got it back again in 10 days. ! ( 200,000 rds)
    In 2017..Broke shaft on ambi thumb safety ..They replaced, pads on new safety was smaller than old version ( so scratches under old pads were visible), so they blasted & polished entire gun - under warranty !! (225,000 rds).
    In 2018...I was having issues with mags feeding inconsistently...10 rd, ETM mags....I paid for shipping 9 older mags to them, they sent me 9 new ETM mags free under warranty... got them in about a week after they received mine.

Last weekend broke Ejector ...shipped gun to them Monday, its in service now...Kent is handling service ...they are replacing front sight to a gold bead ( after my cataract surgery, my eyes are not great...)... I paid for sight ($82) they waived the labor cost...I think will be done & shipped by Mon worst case ...& it means I will have gun back by Wed...in time for my buddy match next Thurs...so again door to door in 10 calendar days !!

I will never buy another 1911 - other than a Wilson ( I've had Brown, Baer, Springfield, Kimber, etc....).... In the meantime, I will shoot my CQB in .45acp ( in black armor tuff ) for my buddy match this week....

20180410_105454.jpg

20180410_110058.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    boatdoc, razorbacker, BR549er and 4 others like this.
  14. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    I'm beyond blown away at that level of service especially considering the net profit of such service for them was zero. Hats off to Wilson I'm impressed.

BigJimP, B81, JM44 and 2 others like this.
  15. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2018
    I shipped WC a Tuppersquare to do some work, very early in their foray into that arena. They damaged the frame, and called me. I told em it's a Glock after all, don't sweat it and do what you can. As long as it's safe to shoot I don't care what it looks like as it's a lake and woods carry piece.

By the time they were done fixing the situation and taking care of the customer I almost felt guilty. They did me way more right than I had coming. I give them all the business I can.

BigJimP, JM44 and boatdoc like this.
  16. KTXdm9

KTXdm9 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2018
    Wow, that is some impressive customer service. Way to go Wilson!

BigJimP, JM44 and boatdoc like this.
  17. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015
    it must be the water..:)

JM44 likes this.
  18. boatdoc

Aug 3, 2015

I A:WAYS get and use tracking #s. they leave no doubt about where your gun is.

JM44 likes this.
  19. tightloops

tightloops Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    What I want to know is how the heck I missed a CQB at a good price!!:bang:

JM44 and boatdoc like this.
  20. robustbambi

robustbambi Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 10, 2016
    That’s so cool!

JM44 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted