Wilson Customized Glocks

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by azguy1911, Mar 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    Does anyone have one, will they do a G43 or just larger size Glocks, this video got me thinking

salelcid likes this.
  2. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    I think I would want one ...Good idea's for the Glock pistols..

3. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I'd buy one, but heck, I'm an addict :)

4. salelcid

salelcid Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Nov 28, 2015
    Same here !!

5. Spokes

Spokes Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Sep 18, 2011
    How about a group buy?

6. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    If I want another polymer gun, I will have Lou at BEC build me one !

Joni Lynn and azngotskills like this.
  7. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    If I bought a Glock (not going to happen) it would be a Wilsonized one.

8. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    I'm dying to feel the grip treatment

9. scott40cal

scott40cal Active Member

Feb 17, 2018
    Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Meh. Everything they are doing for action work, sights, extended slide release and mag release etc. can be done yourself at a fraction of the cost. For grip enhancement you can get some Talon grips for 12 bucks. As far as slide coloring/treatment and fancy stippling goes why bother; a Glock is a tool that can take a lot of abuse and not affect it's appearance much. That's the "beauty" of a Glock it is an inexpensive self defense tool that I can sweat all over, drag it through the mud, take it on the boat and not worry about scratching it or having the finish corrode. Why bastardize it and turn it into a $1000 plus gun? Stippling job and modifying the trigger guard can also be done at home. As far as accuracy is concerned Glock's are plenty accurate for a close quarter defense gun and more. Do this work yourself, get to know your weapon (how it works and how to fix it if needed) and spend the money saved on something else.

11. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    I think they are way to proud of them thats for sure pricing is a little crazy IMO. They are selling a gun with a replaced trigger connector and vickers sights for over 900. Thats a total of about $120 worth of parts and 30 mins of your time for an upcharge of close to $400 doesnt make any sense IMO..

12. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    EXACTAMUNDO

Glock2740 and Wilsonwessonbrown like this.
  13. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    Way to proud!

Glock2740 and Wilsonwessonbrown like this.
  14. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    I don't know how to say this without sounding overly critical. If you like something, great. But this is such a waste of money. If you take anything Hackathon or Vickers says as anything other than a commercial for WC, you're getting snowed.

I've tried several different aftermarket barrels for multiple Glocks. The WC has always been the worst in my experience. I've tried factory ammo and reloaded ammo and the Glock OEM barrel has always been the best.

Everything else offered in this commercial is personal preference but know you're gonna pay a premium for anything WC (or any other custom shop).

Buy an A-zone grip decal. They stay put better than Talon grips. Buy whichever sights you like. Buy whichever connector you like. That'll save you $400!

Now, saying all that, we've all spent money on nice stuff so,... If it's worth it to you, that's all that matters.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  15. Mr. B

Mr. B VFW - Life Member

May 10, 2016
    I like my Glocks. Have 2. One is a range gun, the other I carry. They fit me, and I'm good with them. Plus with all the after market parts, mostly drop in unless there is some minor tweaking that needs to be done. Like my Brother got a ZEV slide for his G34, needed fitting.

So this post is really redundant, everything was been said more wisely than me.

The money you save, buy ammo or take a class.

16. blitz45

blitz45 Cogito ergo armatus sum

Nov 6, 2017
    I think I've seen one, maybe two, custom Glocks that I really liked. They just aren't for me. To answer your question, I don't think I've seen a worked over 43, but I'd call and ask to be sure.

17. azguy1911

Oct 22, 2015
    A Zev streetfight G43 is around $1,500 so I'd rather have something WC worked on for the same money

3f390bfaeb0fc195ee1fa54868c194f8.jpg

18. lsbbigdog

lsbbigdog Smiffin' ain't easy Sponsor

Aug 21, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted