1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wilson has stopped offering dog tags, FYI, so anyone with them the value of your Wilson 1911 just increased 10% :roll:

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IDK, I got a new Wilson on Friday, no tag, I called this morning and they said, and I quote:

"they stopped including them a while back"

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,777 Posts
Someone really likes them, the three Wilson’s I’ve gotten used never came with any?! I’ve never even seen a set.

·
6,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Someone really likes them, the three Wilson’s I’ve gotten used never came with any?! I’ve never even seen a set.
It's hardly a deal breaker, it does have the serial # of your gun on it so they were individually stamped. How they did that is anyone's guess.

Don't we have a @Wilsoncombatrep on here to fill us in ?

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,777 Posts
It's hardly a deal breaker, it does have the serial # of your gun on it so they were individually stamped. How they did that is anyone's guess.

Don't we have a @Wilsoncombatrep on here to fill us in ?
Correct, I bought all of them without.

I don’t remember ever seeing a Wilson rep on here?? You would think there would be some dirt if presence, I mean we’ve got the GI guy and gal and the Nighthawk dude!!

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
Correct, I bought all of them without.

I don’t remember ever seeing a Wilson rep on here?? You would think there would be some dirt if presence, I mean we’ve got the GI guy and gal and the Nighthawk dude!!
There is one active and really helps out a lot on the other forum. I do wonder why he’s never joined here?

Anyway I think the dog tags are cool and a neat add. But the inspection sheet and test targets are more important to me. Not sure why though as they could be just as disconnected to the gun as the tag is.

Would be funny if Glock started doing polymer dog tags. :)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Making them is pretty easy.

I have 1 WC and it has them.

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
All of my WCs have had them and still do.... I attach them to the outside of the WC bag so I know at a glance which bag goes with which gun. I will be disheartened when my X9L gets here and doesn't. Perhaps I will start a side business making them on request for the new upcoming buyers.... just to complete the experience of "once was."

Reactions: Dub and Whiten

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Worthless trinkets but hey some people like to pay for that stuff. Nothing is free as the cost is always absorbed into the final product. Would much rather have something that actually improved the product.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Have not bought a new Wilson for three years. Just bought another used Wilson and all six of mine have a dog tag. I’m very disappointed that they have discontinued this and have not heard of this prior to this thread. When I was touring Wilson again in May nothing was said about discontinuing the dog tags. My daughter has a new one that should be shipped pretty soon and I’m sure she will be disappointed if there is not a dog tab with it.

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I bought a new Wilson in 2015, and it did not come w/ dogtags.

·
Premium Member
5,446 Posts
Reactions: Dub

·
Banned
1,619 Posts
All of my WCs have had them and still do.... I attach them to the outside of the WC bag so I know at a glance which bag goes with which gun. I will be disheartened when my X9L gets here and doesn't. Perhaps I will start a side business making them on request for the new upcoming buyers.... just to complete the experience of "once was."

I believe this is the reason for them and what WC does themselves. When the gun ships they detach it from the bag and send it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts