1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i ordered one while my champ was at SA. It came home today and I tried to get it to work. No go , even with the thumb safety out. it fitd thr frame great but it was locking up the trigger and the hammer wouldnt lock down.. any ideas guys? ti matchs up very close to the stock grip and i stoned it a lil to get the shape of the prong sticking out to match up. On brownells some guys posted it dropped into their non colts with no issues, i called brownells and they said it was for colt frames only.. confusion has struck me hard..lol

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks almost identical to the stock , should I file the lower portion of the extension down more?

·
it's mmm, mmm good...
7,140 Posts
If I'm reading it correctly, you're hitting the horizontal part of the safety. If the trigger is sticking back, its most likely this.

Hard to tell w/o looking at the gun.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the trigger was sought of sticking back with the safety in place, when the thumb safety was installed it locked everything up

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know i have seen pics some where of this being done ..any ideas where?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, now I got it it and it shoots with the thumb safety off BUT it will also shoot with out the grip safety being engaged, did I remove too much material?

·
Hangin' In
985 Posts
Take out the thumb safety and look in the hole to see if the GS arm is blocking the trigger or is still sitting on top (or nearly on top) of the trigger bow. It still may not be engaging the back of the bow. If it does, then you took too much off.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with out the thumb safety in place ( using a punch to hold in the gs) pulling the trigger does not activate the hammer.. but with the TS it does. any ideas?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya think? LOL:rofl: any ideas? i just put the ts back in and it still is activating the trigger with out pressure on the gs.

·
Hangin' In
985 Posts
with out the thumb safety in place ( using a punch to hold in the gs) pulling the trigger does not activate the hammer.. but with the TS it does. any ideas?
Well, the idea was to take out the thumb safety so you can see what's going on and not touching the grip safety to see if it is blocking the rear of the trigger bow when it isn't being engaged. :nod:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts