Wilson EDC X9 vs GI X3

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by cundiff5535, Apr 24, 2019.

1. cundiff5535

cundiff5535 Chambers Custom Owners Club

Apr 1, 2013
    Hey gang... just stumbled upon the GI X2. Looks pretty interesting. Anyone here have one?

Im looking for thoughts and opinions on it as well as how it stacks up to the Wilson EDC X9.

Looking forward to your thoughts and opinions. As long as GunCrafter is at the NRA, it will be something I definitely go hold and take a look at... In the meantime, I am sure one of you addicts have gotten a chance to check one out!

2. cundiff5535

Apr 1, 2013
    Sorry for the type-o in the subject... X2 not X3

3. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    Two different animals altogether. Shoot different, feel different, and built different.
    You really need to shoot both to see which you like better.

cundiff5535 likes this.
  4. Sneaky One

Sneaky One Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Be aware that Wilson is now making an EDC X9 5".........

razorbacker and boatdoc like this.
  5. TRRK Trading

TRRK Trading Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 18, 2018
    I've owned both and they are both outstanding. The EDC X9's grip bubbles out a little which IMO does not feel natural in the hand but it's a great shooter. The X2 feels great and really fits the hand well and is easier to grip. I also like that the X2 takes STI magazines and gives you an extra round. The X2 is also a pleasure to shoot and IMO has a higher degree of fit and finish.

cundiff5535 likes this.
  6. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 18, 2016
    boatdoc likes this.
  7. cundiff5535

Apr 1, 2013
    Yes, I already own a edc x9... love it. The 5” version is not something that interests me at all as I personally would just get a 1911 if I was buying a 5” gun.

The Hellcat X2 is something I didn’t even realize was in production... Just looking for thoughts on the thing and how it potentially compares to the X9.

8. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 18, 2016
    I do not shoot my EDC X9 4" as well as I shoot a normal 1911 or my Nighthawk 2011 (similar to the Hellcat X2), not 100% sure why but it just does not point or feel natural to me. YMMV. So I really suggest you try each if you can.

Ronwiz and cundiff5535 like this.
  9. cundiff5535

Apr 1, 2013
    I’ll have to find someone that has one:). That will be a challenge...

Thanks man appreciate the reply.

10. bladeandbarrel

bladeandbarrel ISO The Very Best 1911's Supporting Addict

Apr 6, 2019
    Any 2011 based gun will be significantly larger than the X9 in the grip since the mags are sized for a .45 ACP/38 Super. Both build a fine blaster!

11. pscipio03

pscipio03 Fun O' Meter on FULL

Mar 11, 2013
    I didn't shoot my X9 well at all at first. Took a couple trips before my epiphany. Now I shoot it every bit as good as my 1911s.
    As for the X2, just like the new NHC double stack options, it's like someone took a STI, said, "This stuff here that sucks about the STI like shitty extractors and questionable triggers, dump it. And, while we're at it, lets put a kickass grip on it and make it feel like money well spent". But again, there's no comparing the two. I like to shoot both, tend to carry my X9 more, but range trips are more fun with the double stacks.

boatdoc, cundiff5535 and Ronwiz like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted