1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up the new addition from my FFL yesterday, a 1991 Colt Delta that had been worked on by Wilson in '93. Love older guns that were tricked out back in the day. Spent this snowy morning watching the forum while taking it apart and cleaning it up, the gun is in great shape for the age, has very little use on it judging by the condition and it has an outstanding trigger, even with all the S80 parts in place. It cleaned up nice (gotta love hard chrome) and I put on a set of some kind of burl grips that I've had in a drawer waiting for the right gun to come along. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, maybe after I take care of the animals and plow I can take it out back and put a few rounds through it. It's my first 10mm so I'm excited to see how it shoots and feels.

20200119_112932.jpg

20200119_112953.jpg

20200119_100353.jpg

20191017_141837.jpg

·
"Select Zone 5 and engage...."
461 Posts
That is a awesome find! I love my Delta elite. Was a older model massaged over by Chuck Rogers and a trigger job by Frank Glenn. The only thing is I can push the barrel down a little when it is in battery.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
That's a beauty!

Reactions: WC145

·
ISO The Very Best 1911's
1,495 Posts
Funny story. I owned this gun for a while. I bought it used in the bag with all the stuff off the used counter at Thruway sporting goods in Walden NY. I was not the original owner but traded it to a guy in upstate NY for an Action Works built Commander around 1995. Nice gun, great buy. PS-that is not the original thumb safety.

·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Funny story. I owned this gun for a while. I bought it used in the bag with all the stuff off the used counter at Thruway sporting goods in Walden NY. I was not the original owner but traded it to a guy in upstate NY for an Action Works built Commander around 1995. Nice gun, great buy. PS-that is not the original thumb safety.
Ha! Small world. Don't think it's seen much use since you had it. I figured the thumb safety had been swapped since it's stainless. I'm amazed that the bag and invoice have survived 27 years and stayed together with the gun!

·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Like the recoil spring/rod set-up. Do you know the poundage? Recoil and main of course.
According to the invoice Wilson put a 22lb spring in it with a Shock-buff. I took out the Shock-buff and have a couple of 23lb recoil springs on order. Judging by cocking the hammer I'm guessing it has a 23lb hammer spring.

Reactions: Kip

·
6,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got out back and ran half a dozen mags of 200gr FMJ and 180gr JHP through it. The gun shot great, it's accurate and shoots to point of aim. I had no idea what to expect recoil wise but it didn't seem any worse than .45ACP. I'm very pleased with the gun and it's going to see plenty of use.

Here's another pic, it's wearing the Wilson cocobolo grips I just got from sigsauerstx.
20200127_153835.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts