close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wilson/Nighthawk Prices Going Up? (Others?)

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by SkDmRkLcY, Sep 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I keep seeing people are talking about prices are going up. How much Up are we talking about does anyone know?

I was talking to another Nighthawk dealer last week and they said it was about $200 more after this week, but that is the only number I have seen.

I am more or less curious if I should move up plans or if we are only talking 200ish that I can swallow.

Now that I know DRC can get all the Fun toys I will go though him when the time comes I am just curious what others are seeing.

Also I do not fault them for raising prices, if demand is high and you can do it that is the American way! (That said I am sure this will push some people to other brands, most offering just as good product for less money.)

2. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    Brown's went up a whopping $100. i don't think he's had a price increase in the last 5 years or so.

3. drcfirearms

drcfirearms Forum Sponsor Sponsor

Aug 16, 2011
    Wilson just had another price increase a couple weeks ago......approx. $300 per pistol.

4. John Ryder

John Ryder Active Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I think Wilson and NH are getting crazy for their base prices, $2750 for a CQB and soon to be $2700 for a GRP. NH just raised their prices $100 last year so I personally don't see where another $200 is coming from this year. I seriously thought about buying one this year but have abandoned the idea.

If you have the $ now, I'd order...no sense in paying more for the same thing.

5. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    that's why i like Brown, they have 2 basic models (Government and Bobtail Commander) with different cosmetics.
    You can also get different variations like a non-bobbed commander or rail.
    the only thing they don't offer is caliber's other then .45ACP, though they have done special runs in the past.

Of NHC, WC and Brown, I like Brown, plus he's not as tacticool as the others.

6. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    The KC is very TactiCOOL, it has snake scales! That has to strike fear into the eyes of the enemy!

I always seem to skip over Brown, no idea why, just forgetful. I have mostly been looking at 9mm options as well which is limiting.

If I was going to drop coin today on a .45 I would actually go with a GI NN. For a 9mm I still have no idea.

claimbuster likes this.
  7. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Ouch.

8. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    The Kobra Carry is just dumb. What kind of goof would carry a gun with a misspelled name. Jeez.

9. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Those GI Joe enemy buys,.......wait, they spell it with a C as well! :faint:

10. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    I would bet they did a study and found that K is more terror inducing than C.

11. Hokie

Hokie Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    If you think that is scary...add the Kitty and you will have one hell of a fear inducing firearm.

[​IMG]

Pop's1911 likes this.
  12. Sir Guy

Sir Guy Sharpening Ockham's Razor Supporting Addict

Aug 20, 2011
    That is pretty scary, you're not kidding! :lol:

As far as Wilson's prices increasing...from what I've heard, their quality has been steadily improving in the last five to ten years. The market will bear what it will. If their sales go down, the prices will eventually as well.

Regardless, I'm glad we 1911 customers have such a nice group of quality builders to choose from.

Andy

13. michaeltee

michaeltee Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Every company raises their prices on a yearly basis. $300 is insane! I am glad my collection is complete for the most part. These price increases raise the value of our already purchased guns. As long as there is a backlog, the prices will continue to climb.

14. Jelly

Jelly El Diable Staff Member Admin

Jun 20, 2013
    You know this was posted 4 years ago to the day almost?

Wilsonwessonbrown and limbkiller like this.
  15. 38 Super Fan

38 Super Fan Bass Fishing Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Had me going there for just a second when I saw that in the recent threads column. :)

16. michaeltee

michaeltee Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Lol how did I come across it then? I'm going to have to get used to the "threads like this one" at the bottom. My bad. Feel free to ridicule me

17. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
  18. Oldag

Oldag Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2014
    That is how new members are spotted...

19. michaeltee

michaeltee Member

Sep 7, 2015
    My favorite newb post is "How do I remove this mark I made from inserting my slide stop?" and "I have stared at these different models of guns for hours and the only difference I see is the heavy flange barrel?"

We have all been there and done that. Hell, it took me months before I could differentiate the different models. Yep... Put an idiot mark on my brand spanking new $4000 hard chrome Predator as well! Thankfully the slide wasn't fit properly and was rubbing on the dustcover so they had to refinish it anyways.

20. brzusa

brzusa Hakuna Matata

Jun 17, 2012
    Got me scared for a second, hopefully I will get a WC or two before next price increase.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted