1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I had made a tongue in cheek comment about wanting a Les Baer P320, and while I didn't get that, the next day Wilson Combat announced they were hopping in the P320 game. I managed to hold off for almost 24 hours before purchasing one of their new P320 grip modules, and today it arrived.

Unlike their Glock treatments which just consist of some laser stippling, this unit is a complete redesign of a P320 grip module. The first two things that are immediately apparent are the improved grip angle, making the pistol point more naturally for me, and how much slimmer the module is. It may be a little too small for those of you with giant meat hooks, but for those of us who love 1911's and CZ75's, this grip is extremely comfortable, and well textured.

For me, the Sig X grips don't fit my hand at all, being too thick and blocky, especially at the beavertail. The Wilson grip has a nice narrow beavertail, like a 1911 or CZ75.

I am very pleased with the product. Ultimately this is what I have long felt is the biggest benefit of the P320 platform, the modularity allowing companies to easily and affordably create their vision of a perfect striker fired pistol, and then allowing end users to adapt the platform to themselves as easily as swapping a grip on a AR15.

Also, kudos to Wilson to bringing this to market at an extremely reasonable $65. Here are some pics of it with my PMM Ultra Comp upper and VTac upper. Also pictured is a Sig medium grip module stipple by Boresight Solutions.

Gun Firearm Trigger Flooring Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Air gun
Gun Technology Trigger Gun accessory Digital camera
Gun Firearm Trigger Hardwood Air gun
Gun Air gun Everyday carry Still life photography Tool

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,654 Posts
I don't see a module for the compact... :(

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I dig it! Had I not sent my M18 module into Lou for stippling recently, I would have picked one of these up.

Reactions: AJP

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I dig it! Had I not sent my M18 module into Lou for stippling recently, I would have picked one of these up.
That's another thing I like about the P320's. It costs me like $5 to ship a grip module out to be stippled vs $100 to ship out a serialized glock or m&p frame. Makes life easy for those of us who like to tinker. I am excited to see Lou's work on your module. The Wilson grip replaced one of my Bowie Tactical stippled grips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts