Wilson Sentinel XL...Anyone Own One?

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Nalajr, Sep 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all.
    I was browsing the Wilson Combat site a bit to look at the Sentinel I had seen one of these series mentioned in something I was reading. While there I saw that they have about 10-12 different pistols based in this Sentinel frame. I looked at pics of them all. Really great looking pistols for sure, but the one that caught my eye the most was the Sentinel XL in 9mm.

Does anyone own one of these beauties? If you do, do you use it for carry?

If you all don’t mind, I’d like to hear what you all think of this particular Sentinel. If you have pics of yours that you can share...even better.

If you were going to carry a 1911 from Wilson, which one would you pick and why?

Thanks.

Greg M. likes this.
  2. Morleda

Morleda New Member

Jul 28, 2014
    My first Wilson Combat was an Ultralight Carry Compact, which was my carry gun for years.
    We all know that you can’t stop with one Wilson, so I’ve had (or still have), a full size Supergrade, 2 compact carry Supergrades, a Turnbull blued CQB, a Black CQB, a Stealth, 2 original ADP’s, a KZ45, a KZ9, 2 Spec Ops 9’s, the original Sentinel in .45, an original Sentinel in 9mm, 3 EDC X9’s and 2 EDC X9S.

Why 3 EDC X9?
    Well, I got a pre-owned one in a trade deal. I loved it....but so did my wife! We both wanted it as our carry gun.

When the opportunity came up I got a pair of new ones, and sold the other.

Bottom line, out of all of them, the EDC X9 is my 1st choice. It really is an amazing gun. The others are great too.....but with the double stack 15 round magazine, it’s hard to beat. I can’t talk to the EDC X9S yet.....they’re in transit.

Mike Meints and 1911 crazed like this.

3. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    The only complaint I have heard on the Sentinel line is the length of the front strap, just be aware it is shorter than most. Buy one and try it, like most of us do.:)

4. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Yowza!!

Morleda you’ve got it goin’ on there Brother! You are definitely doing something right.

I’d just like to loaf around in your gun room and just daydream for a few hours or so!!
    Does the EDC X9 feel a lot different than the standard 1911 frame does? At a slight glance it kinda reminds me of a SIG M11. Has similar lines, I think. Beautiful pistol though.

Thanks for posting the info guys.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted