Wilson Stealth

Discussion in 'Wilson Combat' started by azguy1911, Nov 5, 2018.

1. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I was looking around the WC site last night and came across the Stealth model which as Wilson puts it has the "innovative heavy cone barrel".

My questions are: if it's so "innovative" why only on one model, does anyone here have a heavy cone barrel on their Wilson and can attest to their claims.

Pretty, it's not, but I'm always willing to learn ;)

Elite-Professional0865-copy.jpg

2. Win Wolcott

Win Wolcott Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I shot one of these for IDPA CCP class for a while. They shoot fantastic. The one I owned was super accurate and had a great trigger. Typical fine Wilson quality. I do not shoot that class anymore and carry a Ed Brown Kobra Carry so I let it go. I miss it.

OneEyedTanker likes this.

3. rjinaz85308

rjinaz85308 North Central AZ Grasslands Supporting Addict

Jul 27, 2012
    I have a had a couple of Wilsons with this barrel as well as a couple of Nighthawks with the 'flanged barrel'. I currently own a older Colt Officer with this barrel and a Nighthawk Predator 3 with it. It definitely helps on the recoil and follow up shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Just extra weight to help mitigate recoil.
    No different than a Cone barrel (Bull), tungsten guide-rods, barrel weights, Weapon Lights. etc. etc. Anything out front to get the front sight down faster is a plus.

5. apipeguy

apipeguy Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2014
    The flanged barrel does a better job at recoil mitigation than just a bull barrel at least in my opinion. Not a huge change but you can feel the difference. I have it on a .45 Stealth.

OneEyedTanker and DukeSoprano like this.
  6. Ken Gallagher

Ken Gallagher Active Member

May 17, 2015
    Azguy, there are actually three Wilson Platforms that incorporate the "Heavy Flanged Cone Barrel", the Elite Professional, Tactical Elite and the Stealth. I have a Stealth in 9mm and it is my hands down favorite 1911 that I've ever owned. The gun is very comfortable to shoot and extremely accurate. If you have the opportunity to shoot one do it... I think you will understand!!
    IMG_1922.JPG

pcso13, OneEyedTanker and tac45 like this.
  7. Descartian

Descartian Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    I just can not get into the flanged barrels. I think they’re Fugly. I’d much prefer a carry comp if putting something on the end of the barrel or just stick with a standard bull barrel.

8. Ken Gallagher

Ken Gallagher Active Member

May 17, 2015
    That's probably why Wilson makes so many variations...

9. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    I did one better, I bought one, in 38 super ;)

1121181508.jpg

10. GaryWWhite

GaryWWhite Member

Apr 22, 2016
    I personally don't like the look of the flanged barrel but to each his own. My new WC Hunter has a compensator on it which is definitely useful as it is in .460 Rowland; however, I don't know if I really like the look of it. Just my opinions.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted