1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this today while cruising around Cabelas, and just HAD to pick it up. Nice little commemorative wooden box with 50 rounds of Winchester Service Grade 230gr "GI Ball" ammo inside. $22.99 on the shelf...

Anyone else picked one of these up? :cool:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't understand some of the rather "heavy handed replies"... I saw it on the shelf at Cabela's and thought to myself, "Hey isn't that kind of cool?" and so I bought it. So what! The box will make a neat little storage item for the grandkids.

Sheesh... :confused:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I don't understand some of the rather "heavy handed replies"... I saw it on the shelf at Cabela's and thought to myself, "Hey isn't that kind of cool?" and so I bought it. So what! The box will make a neat little storage item for the grandkids.

Sheesh... :confused:
Ok point taken my bad. Just always look at the bottom line on ammo and know this is not just ammo.

·
"BOURBON" It's not just for Breakfast anymore !
1,716 Posts
I saw this today while cruising around Cabelas, and just HAD to pick it up. Nice little commemorative wooden box with 50 rounds of Winchester Service Grade 230gr "GI Ball" ammo inside. $22.99 on the shelf...

Box is cool...
I think its cool....
Who cares how much you paid for 50 rounds of ammo...
I would buy that box for 12 bucks for my kid or grandkid any day....

I'm sure if you were looking for a bargain on ammo you would not need help....

·
Registered
811 Posts

Looks very cool. I believe it’s even a different load than their current stuff, and is loaded exactly to WW2 specs. That would be fun to shoot through a period correct gun.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I had a guy offer me $9.00 for an empty box that said Black Talon I just asked him how much he would pay for a full box. He just gasped at me. I paid under $10.00 for the full box. What are they worth now? Dang I just shoot them, they are cheaper than todays ammo.

·
Official Hi-Point Brand Representative
638 Posts
I had a guy offer me $9.00 for an empty box that said Black Talon I just asked him how much he would pay for a full box. He just gasped at me. I paid under $10.00 for the full box. What are they worth now? Dang I just shoot them, they are cheaper than todays ammo.
I’ve seen black talon ammo go for quite a bit...like $40 a box! I used to carry black talon .357 that my dad had stashed from when it was on shelves. Good stuff!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Looks very cool. I believe it’s even a different load than their current stuff, and is loaded exactly to WW2 specs. That would be fun to shoot through a period correct gun.
No it is the same USA White Box. Pressure is pressure for the 45 acp. Powders used during WWII are non existent now. 230 gr Ball is just that.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts