1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from many people that the rear sights on the Staccato c duo are windage adjustable but I have no idea how to do this.

I see that you can remove the rear sights but I don't see how it adjusts the windage at all could someone please help me with this?

·
Registered
576 Posts
I heard from many people that the rear sights on the Staccato c duo are windage adjustable but I have no idea how to do this.

I see that you can remove the rear sights but I don't see how it adjusts the windage at all could someone please help me with this?
Watching

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've had them in my hand but never payed attention to the sites.

Generally there is an adjustment screw on the side of the rear site if it is windage adjustable, if no adjustment screw is present then you need to drift the site for your windage.

...Ron

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've had them in my hand but never payed attention to the sites.

Generally there is an adjustment screw on the side of the rear site if it is windage adjustable, if no adjustment screw is present then you need to drift the site for your windage.

...Ron
There is a allen screw going down through the rear sight, looks like it would keep you from drifting it, don’t know

·
Registered
576 Posts

Just read on staccato post, the screw just holds the sight in place, loosen screw, adj sight, tighten screw

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Just read on staccato post, the screw just holds the sight in place, loosen screw, adj sight, tighten screw
Right. Loosen the screw, tap the whole sight in the direction you need, make sure the screw has some blue locktite on it and tighten it back.

Using a brass or aluminum punch is recommended to prevent finish damage, or using a sight pusher of course. I would try it by hand first though, some move more freely than you would like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts