**WITHDRAWN** Les Baer UTC; 1.5" Accuracy Guarantee; .45 ACP -- No FCS

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by SLAM37, Jan 13, 2019.

1. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Les Baer UTC, .45 ACP, 1.5" accuracy guarantee, no FCS. This was a custom order pistol from the factory that arrived in October 2018 (nearly a six month wait). The pistol is spec’d with the following options:

1) 1.5 inch accuracy guarantee at 50 yards
    2) No front serrations
    3) Semi-naked slide (has “Baer Custom” logo on right side, no “45 ACP” markings on left)
    4) All black rear sight, tritium front sight

This gorgeous pistol has been fired 525 times with Winchester 230 grain FMJ. 520 of those rounds were fired using a Wilson 47 magazine and they fed/fired perfectly. Five rounds were fired from one of the three supplied Baer magazines, which produced a single failure to feed (hung up on ramp).

This piece has only slight wear marks on the outside of the barrel due to the bushing lock-up, a slight amount of wear beneath the slide stop where it interacts with the frame (not visible when assembled – there is no “assembly scratch”), some wear on the face of the recoil spring plug from disassembly (using a synthetic bushing wrench) and some brass kisses above the ejection port. Other than that, it is like it came from the factory.

This is an incredibly solid pistol – it feels like a solid chunk of steel in hand. It has been pampered over the break-in period, never holstered, and never used for drills/training that could cause damage to the pistol’s finish. It has never been disassembled past the basic field strip for cleaning, and has never been modified in any way. Trigger is very nice, the thumb safety is breaking in (was firm at first, but is easing up nicely with use). Checkering is straight with nicely uniform terminations on the frame. The three Baer magazines and one Wilson 47 magazine that I have used with the pistol seat fine, but a few other Wilsons I have tried (ETM HD +P) with extended baseplates will not completely seat in the pistol – not an uncommon issue with Baer frames. The pistol is NOT ridiculously tight like you hear about with some Baers – it is tight, but very pleasant to work with and easy to disassemble. The only tool required is a bushing wrench, and the bushing moves without a crazy amount of effort. It is just as easy to disassemble as my SACS Custom Carry.

The pistol ships with the Wilson magazine I used for the break-in as well as the three supplied Baer magazines, test target, 1.5” certificate and everything else that came with the pistol originally to include the lovely cardboard box. I will ship the pistol in an MTM Case Guard gun case for protection during transit and will send you the factory box and accoutrements either along with the shipment or separately depending on what is cheaper.

I am asking $1911 firm for the pistol (which includes the extra Wilson magazine and MTM Case Guard case). Shipping will be the responsibility of the buyer and I will only ship to an FFL. I anticipate that if you want insurance on the pistol, it will have to be shipped overnight. I live on the Colorado Front Range, and would prefer to do a face-face transaction at my FFL if possible. Pistol will come to you clean, lubed and ready to shoot. No inspection period or returns. For payment, I will accept USPS Money Order. For a fellow Supporting Addict, I will also accept a personal check. The pistol ships no later than the next business day after payment clears. Only trades that may interest me are the following in new or very close to like new condition and in stock form – no modifications: 9MM Browning Hi-Power, Nighthawk T3 in 9MM or GI CCOs in 9MM. +/- cash depending on the trade.

My apologies for the lint on the following pics ...

Baer1.jpg Baer2.jpg
    baer3.jpg IMG_20190113_122744.jpg
    IMG_20190113_122921.jpg IMG_20190113_123007.jpg
    IMG_20190113_123326.jpg
    IMG_20190113_123412.jpg
    Capture.PNG
    20181018_160513.jpg

TexasBB, LPRoad, Greg45acp and 21 others like this.
  2. johnb62

johnb62 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2012
    Very nice!

SLAM37 likes this.

3. Justin_Pelletier

Justin_Pelletier Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 27, 2016
    So much want. Just put my glock for sale. If it sells you may get a message.

Redoing my basement 27x20 for a kids playroom. It's taken a toll on the finances. Seek of seeing kids toys.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

SLAM37 likes this.
  4. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Beautiful! Top shelf, at a great price!

GLWS.

SLAM37 likes this.
  5. duketbrd88

duketbrd88 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Awesome GLWS. .

SLAM37 likes this.
  6. BigSkyGuy

BigSkyGuy Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2018
    That's a nice Baer!

GLWS

Todd

SLAM37 likes this.
  7. WhoIsJohnGalt?

WhoIsJohnGalt? We Are! Supporting Addict

Feb 20, 2018
    Excellent Baer!

Paging member @awmp - think you should see this if you haven’t already.

SLAM37 and awmp like this.
  8. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    The one Baer I always wanted, GLWS I'll be drooling over it.

SLAM37 and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  9. awmp

awmp Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Apr 27, 2012
    Very nice but just out of my price range, GLWS, great looking piece.

10. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    Some nice ones for sale!

GLWS

SLAM37 likes this.
  11. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Thank you for the nice comments gents. I will give this until Friday and then back in the safe she goes.

41 Charlie and WhoIsJohnGalt? like this.
  12. 1911_Chad

1911_Chad Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2018
    I was almost at my breaking point on this, but a railed Pro stepped in the way. I'll get one like this one day!

13. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Nice pickup! Can't find fault with your decision ... doesn't get much better than a full build from SACS IMO. I sure love mine and it is the last 1911 I would ever part with. This Baer is phenomenal to shoot too ... just a different build philosophy/personality to the gun.

14. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Ladies and gentlemen ... thank you for looking. Going to hold on to this one.

Mods -- please move this to the Sold/Expired Classifieds section.

15. 41 Charlie

41 Charlie Get off my lawn...

Feb 4, 2014
    Good call SLAM. UTCs less FCS are the very best. I’d have a hard time parting with mine.

SLAM37 likes this.
  16. duketbrd88

Sep 1, 2011
    Great call and great Baer!

SLAM37 likes this.
  17. SLAM37

SLAM37 Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2016
    Thanks gents. Feeling good about the decision ... just a momentary lapse in judgement to put her up for sale in the first place.

Dwe and 41 Charlie like this.
  18. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Thankfully you can to your senses. Sweet Baer. I'd never sell mine.

SLAM37 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted