1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am offering, for sale, two early-ish Colt 38 Supers. One is a 1952 mfg. Colt Commander Model. I could find only minor finish wear, as can be expected, near the muzzle, and a couple (4) small nicks on the front strap. Very nice example of a 67 year old Colt.

The other is a 1948 mfg. (my birth year) Colt Government Model. There is a minor loss of bluing towards the muzzle. I can find no other noticeable marks on this pistol. A very nice example of a 71 year old Colt.

Stocks, and everything else, on both pistols appear to be original but, since I purchased these used I cannot guarantee this.

If you have an interest, I will take the time to photograph any area of either pistol for your assurance. You can contact me through PM on this site, email at [email protected], or text at 719-491-2568.

Price for the 1952 Commander is $1,800
Price for the 1948 Government is $2,100

If you are looking for an early Colt Super 38 Automatic, these are very good examples.

Thanks for taking the time to browse.

Gary

Would consider trade offers for 9mm Government model. Colt, Springfield (no IMBEL frames), Les Baer. Value of each to be determined.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
7,829 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Interesting you should say that, Greg. I have had these two pistols for, at least, 20 years and have never put them in a holster. The finish, on both, was as you see them now and, to my eye, the finish is identical on both pistols. But......what do I know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts