Wizard Drill

Discussion in 'Training' started by Doc45, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Got the email today from Wilson Combat with Ken Hackathorn demonstrating the Wizard Drill-it's a 5 shot drill for ccw use. That means covering garment or gun in the pocket, carry gun with sd ammo. I'm woefully inept at copying Youtube vids but I'll try the link:

I'll be trying my hand at this over the weekend using my Springfield RO Elite Compact in 9mm from my Sparks SSII with an unzipped sweatshirt as my cover garment (typical for me considering the current temps).

2. Josh_Putman

Josh_Putman Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    I like it! We should do this one next month.

Sent from my LG-SP200 using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete and Doc45 like this.

3. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    Ok, got to the range and did this drill before I did anything else so I shot it "cold" using my SA RO Elite Compact from the Sparks SSII. As the weather was warmer today than I expected I was wearing a loose t-shirt as I'd normally be dressed on a weekend. Since this is a ccw drill, figured shooting it cold was the best way to do it.

Ammo was Federal HST 147gr standard velocity. I threw the single 7 yard shot the first time I did it because I rushed the shot. All the others were right where they were supposed to be. Ran it twice and the second time through all was good.

A few of the other folks there asked me about it, they liked the description as did the Range Officer. I showed them the video to make sure I described it properly.

[​IMG]

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted