close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WOO HOO : 2-Fer

Discussion in 'General 1911 talk' started by Blayglock, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    Im picking up both my EMP and Colt tonight. MY FFL runs this as a side business so I had to wait a few days for an appointment. But it beats paying $40 per transfer a the other local store. :mad2:

2. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Nice, the best I have ever managed is picking one up while another is shipping out. Everything else always gets spaced out and I can never wait. My guy is only 10 a transfer though and other than the drive is great to deal with.

Finding an FFL you trust makes doing stuff on the internet 100x easier. I have to go out to his place tonight, but this time I get to combine trips and pick up a holster for my wife from a custom maker as well.

3. rsxr22

rsxr22 Member

Aug 17, 2011
    2fer's from the same store is not good!!! Handgun wise atleast. Your FFL now needs on top of the background check, to fill out a multiple gun form. One gets faxed to ATF and the other, the state. I guess it doesnt really matter a whole lot besides the fact that they flag you. It shouldnt matter to a responsible gun owner which im sure the majority of us are, but i still will never purchases multiple guns from the last place in the same day

4. SkDmRkLcY

SkDmRkLcY Active Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Eh I have done it before and no one has ever come a knocking. I asked my FFL about it once, he has never had anyone have any issues. He has several guys that buy and sell and trade all the time, just always looking for the next thing.

5. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Congrats! Can't wait to see some pics. :thumb:

6. Blayglock

Blayglock Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    PA, being the statist bastards that they are, get a reigestry of every handgun purchased in the state anyway. You fill out a form that goes to them with every handgun purchase as is.

7. Dumbell2

Dumbell2 Member

Sep 7, 2011
  8. bac1023

bac1023 1911 Collector Moderator

Aug 15, 2011
  9. knedrgr

knedrgr Low capacity, low tech...

Aug 15, 2011
    :thumb: very cool D

10. djackson

djackson Member

Aug 18, 2011
    excellent pics are required. :thumbs:

11. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Congrats,

Which model Colt?

Yeah, I suck at paying attention! :biggrin1:

BTW: Feds require multiple purchase form for two handguns in the same week.

It's not a big deal or a concern, just a paperwork head-ache for the FFL holder.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted