1911 Firearm Addicts banner

61 - 80 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Plant Control Room Operator for Alabama Power.

This picture and the videos below were shot before our gas conversion. We went from running coal as our fuel source to natural gas.

Those two small stacks are gone, the coal pile is a green field now and they are beginning to drain and cover up the ash lake.

I do wish I could post a pick of our new and updated Control Room. It's almost too futuristic for this small plant. They did an amazing job in designing it.

@Lineman1982, all you glory hound lineman, who are praised and loved by the public, just remember who puts the money on those lines!

LOL :roflmaro::roflmaro::roflmaro::D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I was a cop, until a few months ago. Now, I’m on disability. No great pics, for that. Fortunately, I started a small company, in 2016. I try to do it, still, but at times, it’s more than I can handle. The last few weeks I’ve been feeling a little better and got some jobs in.

My business idea was to do all of the stuff the landscape and construction companies don’t want to do. I don’t mow yards, every week, but I have mowed. I will share some random projects I’ve had, over the years.

Most recently, I’ve been helping haul off demo. The guy who hires me tears down houses (among other projects). I hate doing it, as it tears up my trailer, but it pays good and it’s within my health capabilities, usually.
C7C5092A-AECE-4112-A396-F34A572B9C72.jpeg

AF8713B3-A5A3-4F08-8DA7-4286FDA9B6A7.jpeg

AD9E5C30-E01E-4936-B2EB-3D772A8F6AC1.png

I mowed this virgin pasture for what will be over 1,000 feet of underground electric line and a 1,200 feet long driveway.

5CEFF559-DBAE-44C8-94EE-EE829D954C5E.jpeg

272AA454-0049-4146-96D4-CE31DA6596D5.jpeg

3377D561-4344-410F-BF15-43DA87C4A7C0.jpeg

I redid a couple of egress windows....

F55B2E80-7AC9-45C5-8EA1-6A5B0F09C40C.jpeg

EE874EE4-30C7-4B18-B16B-E99C57B4A312.jpeg

C2915B46-58DC-46AA-A209-B9D8E7E39229.jpeg

AD0CE4C1-8720-466F-9942-F91466211C43.jpeg

·
born in the wrong century
4,051 Posts
For the past 25 years I've been a manufacturing supervisor for a great company....international plant locations....but mighty grateful for this particular one.

They severely frown on pics inside my plant location due to concerns for proprietary technology and the real threat of industrial espionage.....yeah, it's a thing. :)

Home (blue) to work (red) is 23 mile drive if using the interstate.....or a bit longer if taking the winding country roads. Time to sip a cup of java and enjoy some music or news.

52 now. Maybe ten more years....maybe less....then it'll be hunting, fishing, shooting time every day.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I don’t have many pictures but here is a video of my 2nd job — river restoration machine op

My real job I build and maintain underground irrigation systems, don’t take many pictures. I much prefer the river restoration gig.

I’m in the machine without the thumb, and the machine with the hammer

@Heavyopp , here in California when we put equipment in the rivers we have to use food grade lubricants in/on the equipment. Hydraulic, and grease, I believe the engine oil is the same but zero leaks are tolerated.

I was on a few spawn location rehabilitation jobs. What a pain!

I figured that was mostly California. Is that the case where you are?

·
Registered
655 Posts
@Heavyopp , here in California when we put equipment in the rivers we have to use food grade lubricants in/on the equipment. Hydraulic, and grease, I believe the engine oil is the same but zero leaks are tolerated.

I was on a few spawn location rehabilitation jobs. What a pain!

I figured that was mostly California. Is that the case where you are?
I’m in NJ and believe it or not, they are pretty easy with putting a machine in the river — just require it clean — and a ton of permits — with the nature of that business we rent machines, always Cat — almost always machines with less than 300 hours — that is Cat’s way of getting us clean machines— they do steam clean them before delivery as well — both machines in that video have around 100 hours on them — we do install an oil boom downstream

We work multiple states, PA won’t let us in the water — CT is ok with it — We have lots of work in Virginia, they make us do pump arounds. That gets interesting but manageable.

Here on the east coast we have wood turtle restrictions — can’t work while they are hibernating, on the national endangered list but we see them everywhere — also fresh water muscles slow us down a lot too — that dam removal we had federal agency divers come to remove a certain endagered fresh water muscle, we had monitoring everyday for turbidity of the water

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I’m in NJ and believe it or not, they are pretty easy with putting a machine in the river — just require it clean — and a ton of permits — with the nature of that business we rent machines, always Cat — almost always machines with less than 300 hours — that is Cat’s way of getting us clean machines— they do steam clean them before delivery as well — both machines in that video have around 100 hours on them — we do install an oil boom downstream

We work multiple states, PA won’t let us in the water — CT is ok with it — We have lots of work in Virginia, they make us do pump arounds. That gets interesting but manageable.

Here on the east coast we have wood turtle restrictions — can’t work while they are hibernating, on the national endangered list but we see them everywhere — also fresh water muscles slow us down a lot too — that dam removal we had federal agency divers come to remove a certain endagered fresh water muscle, we had monitoring everyday for turbidity of the water
Sssshhhhhhh don't say muscles around here! Just the mention of that word can get you banned from water access lol.

·
Deo Volente
7,016 Posts
Even VFD's in the first one! :eek:.o:

·
What me worry ?
10,890 Posts
Been a rough year so far :
After fully refurbishing TTT world headquarters and placing it into Kippy’s hands for now :
9168985D-D6A3-4B78-9375-4D80D1E9467A.jpeg

As soon as I get my head right I’ll be heading back to my office to spend time with my friends .

F2C325A5-746F-40C5-8FCD-5293B6913857.jpeg
2BA5BF46-4377-4458-AF17-BAB1F8C0E6DA.jpeg

Going to work on some deep tech diving
9B0839F2-AA8F-40E1-84E7-30E1DEBDB528.jpeg

·
Registered
49 Posts
61 - 80 of 170 Posts