Working on a new holster design

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by handforged, Jun 16, 2020.

1. pistolwretch

pistolwretch Dremel jockey Supporting Addict

Aug 26, 2011
  2. Cbzr1107

Cbzr1107 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Here's screen shot of my latest messages from him. Seems he's been out elk hunting. Well that's the flavor of the day for an excuse this go round after not hearing from him for awhile.

So, last I know so far from this thread is no one else has gotten their orders. He knows he's behind. Yet, here he is saying he's been off hunting. Hahaha.

If THAT doesn't prove he's a scammer and thief I don't know what will. Screenshot_20200926-065845_Messages.jpg

FWoo45, Dub and AGENT P like this.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    I see. He is going to make elk trimmed holsters. :o.o:

sorry how this worked for you guys.

4. WC145

WC145 Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!

Jan 1, 2013
    [​IMG]

Songcatcher, Doc45, JM44 and 15 others like this.
  5. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017
  6. Troll68

Troll68 Just me

Aug 16, 2018
    0A1D79CA-F856-4BD6-B182-2C439D2B4B52.jpeg Well not trying to be mean but I'm hoping a bull elk sneaks up on him and [email protected] him as bad as he did to us . OK venting done , have a good day !!

WC145, Doc45, JM44 and 6 others like this.
  7. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Pp issued a refund to me for both the knife ($375) and the holster ($100). PP sucks as a company but I'm glad they helped out with this one.

BBP, WC145, River runner and 15 others like this.
  8. Cbzr1107

Cbzr1107 Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2019
    Glad to see they refunded your money. I think my resolution date isn't until Oct. 8th or so. What all did you say in the write up? If you don't mind me asking.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
  9. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim chicken wings

Jan 18, 2018
    I just screen shotted all the convos we had and said I never received my product.

10. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I did pretty much the same. Didn't mention guns or knives just referred to the product.

Cbzr1107, Dub and livinthelife like this.
  11. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I'm hoping that visa will investigate deeper than paypal. A refund is nice, but I want some action. Something to prevent this from happening to someone else.

FWoo45, AGENT P, River runner and 6 others like this.
  12. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017

Several good old-fashioned ass whuppins are what the lying thief deserves.

13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Wow I didn’t follow this thread until I saw @ doc45 generous offer and figured something was up. I bought a Milt Sparks 55BN and mag pouch from hand forge in June. He was selling his leather to concentrate on his own products. I got the holster and mag pouch quickly and as advertised. Sorry to hear it all went South shortly thereafter. There’s a lot of trusting people looking to help out other Addicts when they can. It’s a shame somebody would exploit that.

What goes around comes around.

A45GUNNER, ILED93, FWoo45 and 7 others like this.
  14. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    I was wondering how you filed acomplaint. Never thought about pp or master card. Thanks for the info

15. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict

May 19, 2020
    Hey guys,

I'm finally able to get some service in town. I have been without internet for almost two weeks with zero idea of when they will be out to fix it. Cell doesn't get enough service to get on so I have been unable to get here to respond to folks and I apologize for that. The closest place I can go in to get anything is about an hour and a half. With everything going on I have not been able to do it. I realize this is a screw up you guys are pissed but I'm not going anywhere. Still working, although severely behind and I'm sorting now who requested a refund and who I need to ship leather to. Some of you have called or texted and had I been here I guess I would have seen the general consensus was going towards Mad instead of some understanding. I relayed those things for those that contacted me and I thought that would be enough or at least get me a little breathing room to get some of the stuff on my bench out to you guys.

So here is a very poor explanation, although true. The search for quality horsehide has been a good bit harder than I originally thought. Receiving sub standard materials, sending them back, ordering more and getting the same quality has just killed me. I finally have better stuff from a different supplier but that process ended up taking weeks and not days or hours. As a result I lost a ton of time. I made holsters and belts, about 15-20 in fact and when they were put under the stitcher the moisture content of the leather was so low that it simply punched holes and pulled stitches like sewing cardboard instead of sewing it down flat. There was no way to know how it would act until I started that process. It's been very frustrating and stressful to say the least. Not just losing the time but the materials as well. So that batch was tossed and new leather was ordered. After the second batch of leather was essentially the same I went with a new supplier and have been satisfied with what they are sending me.

I have been away from the house trying to take an archery elk for a few days, cell service is nothing up there in the hills. Trying to get some meat for the freezer. So I apologize for those that have texted or called in the last few days.

I'm not sure where to go from here, I'm still working on the orders and I will still be filling them for those that have not already gotten refunds. I know you guys don't want to hear excuses so I'm not giving any other than not communicating or being here like I should. We had an early snow storm here and all I know is that the tech that came out relayed it would be very costly and time consuming to dig up or replace some underground cable. Well, as I am the only house on that line they have not set it as any kind of priority. They actually want me to pay for it and I am not able. So for now all I can do it drive an hour and a half into town to get online. I may look at satellite internet instead, I am not sure the DSL is worth it and I am certainly not going to pay 2,000 to have them get it fixed. So until that time, it's what I have to do.

All I can ask is for a little breathing room here, I still have a farm that I have to take care of and various things that take away from my day but I can promise those that are still on board are going to be getting what they ordered no matter what. This endeavor that I started to get myself into this business has proven to be a good bit more than I thought. So when these orders are filled I will be taking a hard look at where to go from there in relation.

For those that are sticking with me, I truly appreciate it. For those that have sent claims or requested refunds I certainly understand but I think if you bear with me here for just a little bit you may be pleased with the results. To that end, and after having to order a good bit more materials from the new supplier here's what I'll do for those that are sticking with me, I'm going to give everyone on that list a belt or holster of their choice for free up to 100.00 value. In addition to what you have already ordered. So if you ordered a holster, I'll add a free belt. Holster and belt I'll add a matching mag or double mag pouch for you. I am seriously looking to make this right, I am already in the hole financially on this so it is more important for me to try make it up as best I can. It's the best I can do to make the wait worth it. If you have a claim, just cancel it and send me a message here. I'll add whatever you like to your order and get it out to you as soon as humanly possible.

I am not positive but I thought that I provided my cell number to everyone that placed and order. If you didn't get it, here it is 406-781-9098. Feel free to call or text. No one is running with you money or scamming, I've just been in a serious bind and it's not the fault of anyone here. I'll be in town to answer all of the PM's I have here and then I'll have to head back to the house to get back to work.

1911_Bandit, random84, Lou1 and 7 others like this.
  16. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011
    We'll see!!!!! Hope it works out for you and thanks for showing up.

17. Heavyopp

Heavyopp Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    A picture of the bad material? You had to take pictures to send to the supplier to prove it was bad -- post a few up

sechip88 likes this.
  18. handforged

May 19, 2020
    Guys I am headed back to the mountain, every PM I had here has been responded to. I'll have some cell service on the way but not much until I get home. I'll come back into town in a day or two to check messages and respond here. For now that is about all I can do. I don't live in town or even close to town so it's a good drive just to get wifi. My number is on the thread above, so if you want to call or text feel free. If you want to call and yell, that's ok too... Either way, I'm not going anywhere...

19. handforged

May 19, 2020
    I do have some pictures of the stitches pulling through on holsters. When I come back in I will post some here for you if you want. The supplier accepted the return on the leather without anything more than return shipping. I didn't need to prove anything with them, I just sent it back.

20. Fred_G

Fred_G Known Agitator

Dec 29, 2015
    Communication is the key when dealing with people. So are results. I certainly hope this works out for everyone.

JM44 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted