Working on a new holster design

Discussion in '1911 Gear' started by handforged, Jun 16, 2020.

1. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    What about the knives that you said that you were shipping over a week ago? Remember the act of good faith we talked about?
    Man I held out as long as I could. But I don't see the effort on your part. I hope that you understand this is no way to conduct business.

A45GUNNER, Doc45, FWoo45 and 2 others like this.
  2. Colt1911Guy

Colt1911Guy Lifetime NRA member

Aug 27, 2017
    Good! I’m still amped for my friggin knife!

3. Dub

Dub born in the wrong century

Mar 19, 2017

Either the stitches pulled through the knife grip bolsters.........or.....they were shipped as promised....same day all the holsters went into the mail like he told people.

It's all the post office's fault.

Mean old post office wouldn't even provide tracking numbers for him to pass along.

The check is in the mail.

The dog ate his homework.

The snow piled up unlike in years past...couldn't be something to be planned for. Global warming and such.

Elk hunting took priority over financial agreements with customers.

Abatement and such.

And now....drum roll.......the stitches pulled through.

On a lighter note.....my new Tucker HF-1 came in Friday....and it's sweet....exactly what I ordered . So was the last Milt Sparks holsters that came in recently.

No need to put up with amateur hour antics & excuses that may or may not be pure rubbish.

Now....to be fair....Tucker and Milt Sparks don't make knives.......but, wait one......neither does @handforged, or so it seems.

Conor, sechip88, A45GUNNER and 5 others like this.
  4. Doc45

Doc45 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2018
    I'm out, dispute filed and refund pending with my credit card company, no interest in receiving a holster.

A45GUNNER, Lineman1982 and Dub like this.
  5. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict

May 19, 2020
    Thanks for that response. I would say you're welcome to call me to discuss your opinion. With the exception that I don't owe you anything and don't have any business with you. I read every post here and a good many are just people stirring the pot that never ordered anything. So me posting here, trying to make good is just passed off by the likes of people who never ordered anything. I'm not surprised.

Jimhoag likes this.
  6. handforged

handforged Limestone Canyon Leather and Tool Supporting Addict

May 19, 2020
    I was hoping that those who have received their orders from me would speak up but that isn't going to happen apparently. For those that haven't, it won't be long. Those that have decided to opt out, I understand.

7. Dub

Mar 19, 2017

I came mighty close to ordering....but was wanting to see an actual final version that began being delivered. Was hoping to see a success story in the making.

Unlike you, I was surprised.

Surprised it went south like it did.

Say what you do. Do what you say.

8. Dub

Mar 19, 2017

The request for those who've received their orders was made by many here, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong....but there was only one holster delivered that showed up in the thread.

A45GUNNER, Doc45, WC145 and 2 others like this.
  9. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Customers showing what they received wouldn't make up for you promising to send knives, that were supposedly finished, but never sending them.

A45GUNNER, gps man, Doc45 and 2 others like this.
  10. KMAC

KMAC Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2020
    I am hoping this is the case. I will take a belt but not if delays the holster much longer. I want to be optimistic and support you. Keep us posted.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
    Cbzr1107 likes this.
  11. blamo

blamo Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2018
    I'm going to err on the side of grace and go for the holster and belt. The reason I got in the first time around was to give an addict some business. I understand that reasonable folks can differ but for me, I'll take a $100 second chance on someone who wants to make it right. I wouldn't necessairly tell me kid to take the bet, but I don't gamble enough and I'd rather end this with a comback story than an Internet rip off if I can. Hope everyone gets what they're after.

12. KMAC

KMAC Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2020
    Me too. Here is hoping @handforged can pull it off and make it right. I will take a matching belt!

gps man and Cbzr1107 like this.
  13. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    We are a pretty tightly knit community here. We don't like it when folks get burned. My knife and holster supposedly shipped over two weeks ago. Was told they were done and promised pics that never showed. @Dub is just sticking up for what we as a community, generally, stand for. Sad when frickin paypal stands up better that a supposed addict.

A45GUNNER, gps man, Doc45 and 9 others like this.
  14. fallenangelhim

fallenangelhim chicken wings

Jan 18, 2018
    I question if OP is asking everyone to wait until the resolution date with Paypal expires. You have a limited time before Paypal closes your ability to file a claim, hence I did it so early.
    I advise anyone who did Paypal to check your eligible claim dispute date and file before you are no longer eligible.

Lots of red flags. I am sorry, I am out.

A45GUNNER, JM44, gps man and 11 others like this.
  15. Troll68

Troll68 Just me

Aug 16, 2018
    I filed both with credit card company and paypal , i hope he does come through for those willing to wait . But I’m out and i hope for the best for those remaining

JM44, Doc45, Cbzr1107 and 6 others like this.
  16. Colt1911Guy

Colt1911Guy Lifetime NRA member

Aug 27, 2017
    I’m still here. Holster, knife,mag holder and I’ll take a belt if you’re offering.
    AND, I will post here ASAP after I get them.
    Waiting patiently.

17. Mikey00130

Mikey00130 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2018
    As am I. Patient as time itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbzr1107 and justaparrothead like this.
  18. Jimhoag

Jimhoag In Kentucky

Jun 14, 2013
    I'm still with you. I've been as patient as I can get. I know custom anything take time. Especially learning how run a new machine. Sorry you had trouble getting good material. I wait patiently for my holster. Thank You
    John Nicholson

Cbzr1107 and justaparrothead like this.
  19. zChambers

zChambers ........... Supporting Addict

Jan 21, 2015
    Two big questions I have about recent postings in this thread.

- Why would someone who is trying to establish an online business selling handmade goods seem to have no interest in getting the internet restored at his place of work?

- Who can explain the seemingly regular updates given to people that items have shipped, when they have not? Why not just be upfront and say there are supply issues?

I sincerely hope this works out for everybody in the end, but I see a lot of red flags flying here.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    JM44, random84, WC145 and 12 others like this.
  20. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    I think if any had received their order they would speak up.

I’m waiting patiently.

Mostly.

Finish something, deliver something.

JM44, WC145 and Lineman1982 like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted