1911 Firearm Addicts banner

641 - 660 of 681 Posts

·
Premium Member
822 Posts
I've texted him a few days ago and no response. I have always been professional and courteous in my correspondence as I know showing my anger in PM's or texts won't help.

It seems this guy is truly a scammer as was Cavery grips. As mentioned, my transaction with him was back in June so he has had plenty of time to reimburse me or send me a product as agreed to.

·
Banned
453 Posts
I think a lot of people have been reimbursed at this point. It's just taken a lot more effort than it should have.

Who all hasn't been reimbursed yet?

It took awhile and some hounding before he sent me the money back. My best advice is to not let up. I was prepared to not let up, even if he had to change his number to try to avoid me.

Text him. Text him some more. Then again. Call at random times. Hell they even have different apps where you can go through the app to make a call and don't have to use your real number. And you can pick the area code. So you could even pick an area code that matches him so he thinks its someone local.

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I just texted him again. Unfortunately I paid with no fee PayPal, so nothing I can do to contest it. But I'm prepared to take it to the next level. It would be nice to have a list of everyone still not made right. Since there are transactions from many states and a large amount of money it is a federal offense, plus blatant fraud.

·
Registered
909 Posts
He hasn’t made any gestures to repay me. I used an international money order to pay as I live in Canada. I have pretty much written off the chance if remuneration. I keep hope that he might relent. I hooped either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I paid PP F&F. That $3 or so in fees sounds pretty reasonable now. Texts had been responded to several weeks back with excuses. Bad batch of horse hide, no cell signal right now, just shot an elk up in the mountains and packing out meat. The last few attempts have gone unanswered. I’m disappointed but not angry about it.

It gave others on here the opportunity to show their generosity and kindness and me to do the same. I’m enjoying a nice Ritchie holster and someone else is likely enjoying my former Milt Sparks Criterion.

·
On The Lost Highway
230 Posts
Mark Twain said that it's easier to fool someone than to convince them that they have been fooled.

While I don't have a dog in the fight, this thread has captured my interest. It is unusual for a scammer to maintain ANY form of contact with his victims after the fraudulent transaction. This guy continued to maintain limited contact. That's why I've been hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Disappointing.

·
Registered
163 Posts
While I don't have a dog in the fight, this thread has captured my interest. It is unusual for a scammer to maintain ANY form of contact with his victims after the fraudulent transaction. This guy continued to maintain limited contact. That's why I've been hoping for the best but fearing the worst.

Disappointing.
Agreed. The continued (minimal) contact, the one money order refund, the fact that he was refusing some orders early on because he had too many in the pipeline . . . all make me think he did not set out for this to be a scam.

Doesn't excuse anything though, if you take the money up front you need to be working on delivering the promised product diligently or promptly refund once you realize you can't do it. Lacking work ethic and general ethics imho

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,453 Posts

·
Banned
453 Posts
Yep!! According to him he supposedly shipped my order at least 3 times.

Weeks ago he was saying he was shipping my refund and asked that I just mail back the holster when it showed up, there by insinuating he had already shipped said holster. Nothing showed up. Not until I kept hounding him and he finally mailed a money order.

·
Every day is Saturday and every night's a party!
6,453 Posts
Lying POS.:poop:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I used pp ff to send him $100 on 21-jun, for a holster. I sent two private messages, which he replied to but did not give any timeframe as to when I could expect my holster. The last pm reply was on 5-sep.

I called him for the first time last Friday. He answered and talked to me. Said he had a batch of holsters on his bench that he was finishing and they would ship soon.

He also said that he had shipped out dozens (plural) of holsters, but nobody is talking about that. He said he is keeping his head down and working and will let his work speak for itself.

I gave him my unsolicited feedback, as a customer, about my dissatisfaction with his communication throughout this process.

He clearly missed the six week target he laid out in the beginning. Other than that, he hasn’t lied to me by telling me something had shipped when it hadn’t, or that he had refunded me money when he hadn’t. And I’m not disputing anyone else’s communications with him.

I’m still holding out hope. That’s all i can do since i used pp ff to send money. Even though I hardly ever comment on this website, I spend a lot of time on it and know that it is a close community and generally have no reason to distrust anyone here.

I am thankful to @nharvey for setting me up with my milt sparks holster, and they will be getting my future business.

This whole situation is weird. I don’t think he set out to scam us, but he is obviously in over his head and is seriously deficient in communication abilities.

·
Lifetime NRA member
929 Posts
I understand that it’s all been said before. I’m going by the the thought that he didn’t have to answer me, but he did.
At least I can hope a bit while still being realistic about the situation.

641 - 660 of 681 Posts