Worthless scammers on Armslist...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Addicted2gunz, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Addicted2gunz

Addicted2gunz Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive... Supporting Addict

Jul 14, 2018
    So I've had variations of the same scam on Armslist several times. They will say they're sending a check and need my name, address, and phone number - but you never get a check. Obviously they are going to try to use the info to somehow scam you.

I usually just ignore them and block them, but for some reason today I felt fiesty. I'm so sick of the losers... He was emailing back immediately every time, until I asked for HIS number so I could call. He then went silent... So I sent this lol

Yea, that's what I thought.

Here's a little scamming 101 lesson for ya on the things you did wrong:

1) You have a fake name on your email.

2) You write in broken English.

3)You asked if I will ship, my add clearly says $625 shipped to your FFL

4) You ask if there's anything wrong with it. The ad clearly says its in excellent condition and has nothing wrong with it.

5) You then say you have an FFL to "secure it" for you. Who the f**k even says that?!?

6) You then ask my shipping fee. Again, the price clearly says shipped AND we went over this in my first email reply.

7) You then jump right to "I will be sending certified funds. I need your name, address, and phone number". Really? You need my phone number? For what exactly? As soon as I ask for your number so I can call you to set up payment and get your FFL info, you suddenly stop emailing... Funny how that works!

Why don't you get a real f**king job and stop try to scam people for a living - you're too stupid for that line of work. I just turned your a** in.

2. gun_fan111

gun_fan111 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Why tell the scammers what they are doing wrong? Some might be smart enough to learn from their mistakes

Stogies and B_RAD like this.

3. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    True, but I just wasn't in the mood this morning...

WhoIsJohnGalt? and gun_fan111 like this.
  4. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
    You forgot a couple of things . . . . . . .

1. BTW, you probably didn't know this, but I work for the [Postal Fraud Division / FBI Consumer Fraud Division / National Security Agency] and by responding to my e-mails, we have your IP address. We will be having one of our local field agents stop by for a little visit.
    2. Through our investigations thus far, we also know [who your employer is / what penitentiary you are writing from] and we will be in contact with [your employer / the facility's IT department] so we can subpoena the PC's and/or phones you have been posting from for additional evidence.
    3. Thank you for responding and assisting us in our investigation.

FWoo45, 1LuvGuns, boatdoc and 4 others like this.
  5. Dwe

Dwe I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!

Sep 4, 2011
    I don’t do business with scamlist.
    Never have, never will!

1911fanatic and Glock2740 like this.
  6. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    Oh man, that reply would have been awesome Zoid!

ImperialBlade and ZoidMeister like this.
  7. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    I have actually done quite a few deals on there, but only face to face transactions so far.

ImperialBlade and Mike Meints like this.
  8. B81

B81 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I just bought a DW Valor from a guy through Armslist. However, it was a FTF sale. I had him meet me at a local gun shop, and told him that I would not commit to buying until I had a chance to visually inspect the gun in-person.

I don't think I would trust anyone on Armslist to ship me a gun after I had paid them. As you said, there are a lot of scammers on there. Unlike GunBroker, there really isn't a mechanism for separating out the reputable sellers from the less reputable ones.

9. BR549er

BR549er Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jul 6, 2018
    Of course, it's tough not to imagine five minutes of unmonitored "quality time" for tune up purposes. ah, the good ol' days BC (Before Cameras).

1911fanatic, gaijin and VETLAG72 like this.
  10. B_RAD

B_RAD You serious, Clark?

Jan 15, 2012
    This! You helped them! Don't do that!

11. Ohio

Ohio I like this place !

Mar 22, 2018
    I’ve had good luck buying and selling locally on Armslist. I always specify FTF, must have Ohio CCW and do a “sales receipt”. Had a few scammers, easily recognized, and do what VETLAG 72 does....say send me your phone number and we can discuss the deal.....they always disappear.

My favorite was a local seller with a 1911, his add stated “ lightly used, few IDPA matches, holster included” all the details. Out of curiosity I Googled the description and found the EXACT ad, photos, description and all from another 1911 forum from 3 years prior. The guy who was selling locally used the exact same ad, photos, everything from the 3 years old ad. The old ad was from somewhere in Missouri.

I called the guy out, accused him of being a low life, etc, pointed out he was using the same 3 year old ad. Didn’t get an immediate response but a few weeks later he did contact me again to see if I was still interested in his 1911. Dumb a$$!

1911fanatic, FWoo45 and VETLAG72 like this.
  12. Stogies

Stogies One more please!

Aug 22, 2015
    You went to a whole lotta effort to try and "piss" off someone who doesn't give a damn

13. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    That venue is one I would never consider using----cannot believe it is even still around.

1911fanatic likes this.
  14. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    I would have responded with "I will be sending certified funds. I need your name, address, and phone number and will have the FFL secure the firearm".

cghelton and Ohio like this.
  15. Addicted2gunz

Jul 14, 2018
    My intent was for me to blow off steam and it worked. I don't care if he cares or not, I feel better having vented.

1911fanatic and Old Sea Dragon like this.
  16. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    Sometimes ya gotta vent!!

VETLAG72 likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted