1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Undecided on whether or not I'm indecisive...
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had variations of the same scam on Armslist several times. They will say they're sending a check and need my name, address, and phone number - but you never get a check. Obviously they are going to try to use the info to somehow scam you.

I usually just ignore them and block them, but for some reason today I felt fiesty. I'm so sick of the losers... He was emailing back immediately every time, until I asked for HIS number so I could call. He then went silent... So I sent this lol

Yea, that's what I thought.

Here's a little scamming 101 lesson for ya on the things you did wrong:

1) You have a fake name on your email.

2) You write in broken English.

3)You asked if I will ship, my add clearly says $625 shipped to your FFL

4) You ask if there's anything wrong with it. The ad clearly says its in excellent condition and has nothing wrong with it.

5) You then say you have an FFL to "secure it" for you. Who the f**k even says that?!?

6) You then ask my shipping fee. Again, the price clearly says shipped AND we went over this in my first email reply.

7) You then jump right to "I will be sending certified funds. I need your name, address, and phone number". Really? You need my phone number? For what exactly? As soon as I ask for your number so I can call you to set up payment and get your FFL info, you suddenly stop emailing... Funny how that works!

Why don't you get a real f**king job and stop try to scam people for a living - you're too stupid for that line of work. I just turned your a** in.

·
Consider my signature line before replying . . . .
14,799 Posts
You forgot a couple of things . . . . . . .

1. BTW, you probably didn't know this, but I work for the [Postal Fraud Division / FBI Consumer Fraud Division / National Security Agency] and by responding to my e-mails, we have your IP address. We will be having one of our local field agents stop by for a little visit.
  2. Through our investigations thus far, we also know [who your employer is / what penitentiary you are writing from] and we will be in contact with [your employer / the facility's IT department] so we can subpoena the PC's and/or phones you have been posting from for additional evidence.
  3. Thank you for responding and assisting us in our investigation.

·
I'm a terminal 1911 Addict!
4,848 Posts
I don’t do business with scamlist.
Never have, never will!

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I just bought a DW Valor from a guy through Armslist. However, it was a FTF sale. I had him meet me at a local gun shop, and told him that I would not commit to buying until I had a chance to visually inspect the gun in-person.

I don't think I would trust anyone on Armslist to ship me a gun after I had paid them. As you said, there are a lot of scammers on there. Unlike GunBroker, there really isn't a mechanism for separating out the reputable sellers from the less reputable ones.

·
I like this place !
673 Posts
I’ve had good luck buying and selling locally on Armslist. I always specify FTF, must have Ohio CCW and do a “sales receipt”. Had a few scammers, easily recognized, and do what VETLAG 72 does....say send me your phone number and we can discuss the deal.....they always disappear.

My favorite was a local seller with a 1911, his add stated “ lightly used, few IDPA matches, holster included” all the details. Out of curiosity I Googled the description and found the EXACT ad, photos, description and all from another 1911 forum from 3 years prior. The guy who was selling locally used the exact same ad, photos, everything from the 3 years old ad. The old ad was from somewhere in Missouri.

I called the guy out, accused him of being a low life, etc, pointed out he was using the same 3 year old ad. Didn’t get an immediate response but a few weeks later he did contact me again to see if I was still interested in his 1911. Dumb a$$!

·
One more please!
1,675 Posts
So I've had variations of the same scam on Armslist several times. They will say they're sending a check and need my name, address, and phone number - but you never get a check. Obviously they are going to try to use the info to somehow scam you.

I usually just ignore them and block them, but for some reason today I felt fiesty. I'm so sick of the losers... He was emailing back immediately every time, until I asked for HIS number so I could call. He then went silent... So I sent this lol

Yea, that's what I thought.

Here's a little scamming 101 lesson for ya on the things you did wrong:

1) You have a fake name on your email.

2) You write in broken English.

3)You asked if I will ship, my add clearly says $625 shipped to your FFL

4) You ask if there's anything wrong with it. The ad clearly says its in excellent condition and has nothing wrong with it.

5) You then say you have an FFL to "secure it" for you. Who the f**k even says that?!?

6) You then ask my shipping fee. Again, the price clearly says shipped AND we went over this in my first email reply.

7) You then jump right to "I will be sending certified funds. I need your name, address, and phone number". Really? You need my phone number? For what exactly? As soon as I ask for your number so I can call you to set up payment and get your FFL info, you suddenly stop emailing... Funny how that works!

Why don't you get a real f**king job and stop try to scam people for a living - you're too stupid for that line of work. I just turned your a** in.
You went to a whole lotta effort to try and "piss" off someone who doesn't give a damn

·
SHEEPLE HERDER
1,628 Posts
I’ve had good luck buying and selling locally on Armslist. I always specify FTF, must have Ohio CCW and do a “sales receipt”. Had a few scammers, easily recognized, and do what VETLAG 72 does....say send me your phone number and we can discuss the deal.....they always disappear.

My favorite was a local seller with a 1911, his add stated “ lightly used, few IDPA matches, holster included” all the details. Out of curiosity I Googled the description and found the EXACT ad, photos, description and all from another 1911 forum from 3 years prior. The guy who was selling locally used the exact same ad, photos, everything from the 3 years old ad. The old ad was from somewhere in Missouri.

I called the guy out, accused him of being a low life, etc, pointed out he was using the same 3 year old ad. Didn’t get an immediate response but a few weeks later he did contact me again to see if I was still interested in his 1911. Dumb a$$!
I would have responded with "I will be sending certified funds. I need your name, address, and phone number and will have the FFL secure the firearm".

Reactions: cghelton and Ohio
1 - 16 of 16 Posts