1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1911 Junkie
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Some Pricing Assistance

Santa came early. My Wilson Combat CQB Elite arrived yesterday at George’s two months early. Therefore, I have to move some of the collection out the door. I was hoping for some guidance from the assembled experts on pricing for the following pistols.

First up, a Browning Hi Power that I purchased new and sent to Ted Yost at the Gunsite Smithy back in 1994. Had a trigger job, Novak sights, extended safety, and a hammer bob done along with a reliability package. Gun has less than 100 rounds through it. I was considering asking $900 for it.
Hi Power 1.jpg Hi Power 2.jpg

Second, is another Ted Yost Gunsite build. One of the GSP 2000’s that he produced at the turn of the century. He stamped his name and dated the pickup rail. Gun has been a safe queen. Never carried. I thought $1200 was in the ballpark.
GSP 2000 1.jpg GSP 2000 3.jpg

Last one is a Gunsite ATP (Advanced Tactical Pistol) built in 1994. Not sure if Ted did the work on this one or not. The finish is Robar’s NP3. This one has about 500 rounds through it and was carried some, but is in excellent condition. Was considering asking $1000.
ATP 1.jpg

Feedback appreciated. If I can sell two for enough to cover the WC then I will keep the third.

Sean

Attachments

·
Sharpening Ockham's Razor
1,990 Posts
I'm not an expert on Hi-Power pricing, but I'd like to hope you'd get more than $900 for that one. Low round count and Yost's work on it go well together.

Andy

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
I have a SRT HP built on a FN built by Ted Yost and I have turned down 2k for it.(MRS DAT would kill me if I did that ! )

If you have a build sheet for it,it's worth more than 900,that's for certain.

As far as you Gunsite pistols,I think it's fair to say that the prices your quoting would be a good STARTING point on GUNBROKER.
On the last 1911,you might want to call Gunsite and see if they have any build records to verify the 'smith who worked on it.

A lot of people like Ted's work.( I'm one of them ! :biggrin1: )

I hope this helps some.

DAT85

·
1911 Junkie
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, guys. I have the build sheets for all three. Ted signed two of them but like I said the last one does not have any indication of which smith worked on it. Given the date I am sure it was Ted but if I can't prove it then there is no sense claiming it to be his. Thanks especially for the heads up on the Hi Power. I didn't think there was much of a market for them anymore.

The Hi Power is the one I would mind losing the least of the three. Bought the base pistol, sent it to Ted unfired and took it to the range once to test fire. There was an obnoxious Russian there who said he wanted to see if it was accurate. He clipped a drinking straw to the target holder and ran it out ten yards. On the third shot he clipped it. Turned around very smug and said "Your turn."

Put a fresh straw out the same distance and severed it on the first round. Totally lucky shot, but it ruined his day for sure. LOL

·
BIG OL' BALD HAID !
3,291 Posts
Thanks, guys. I have the build sheets for all three. Ted signed two of them but like I said the last one does not have any indication of which smith worked on it. Given the date I am sure it was Ted but if I can't prove it then there is no sense claiming it to be his. Thanks especially for the heads up on the Hi Power. I didn't think there was much of a market for them anymore.

The Hi Power is the one I would mind losing the least of the three. Bought the base pistol, sent it to Ted unfired and took it to the range once to test fire. There was an obnoxious Russian there who said he wanted to see if it was accurate. He clipped a drinking straw to the target holder and ran it out ten yards. On the third shot he clipped it. Turned around very smug and said "Your turn."

Put a fresh straw out the same distance and severed it on the first round. Totally lucky shot, but it ruined his day for sure. LOL
You should have made it fair and drank half a bottle of vodka! :lol:

I don't think I have ever met a sober Russian. :grin:

DAT85

·
Don't need no education
1,860 Posts
You should have made it fair and drank half a bottle of vodka! :lol:

I don't think I have ever met a sober Russian. :grin:

DAT85
How does it feel to be a sober dude anyway? :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts