Would you hit this ball?

Discussion in 'Open Mic' started by Ronwiz, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Ronwiz

Ronwiz Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Dec 31, 2014
    I was playing golf the other day here on Merritt Island and overshot the green. Just wondering how many people would hit the ball. Usually you can bang your club on the ground and they just go into the water. This guy wouldn't move and actually growled at me. Needless to say, I left that ball and some fortunate golfer later on will come along and wonder how this ball could have been lost.

[​IMG]

2. JM44

JM44 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 2, 2018
    As a yankee, there is no way I’m going near that fcker, even if it’s a Pro V.

My in laws are down that way and my wife and I have been looking for property there as a long term idea. Really like the inter coastal. Is that the Air Force course or is there another one close by?

Lineman1982, xerts1191 and boatdoc like this.

3. jlp

jlp Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Hey you're Merrit Island!! I'm in Sat Beach! and no I would not play that ball, I think Fl gator rules allow you a free drop!!!

4. livinthelife

livinthelife Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
  5. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    @jlp when I am down that way I usually go to Pelican beach on Satellite. I like that whole inter coastal area down there and would like to move there someday. Grills on route 1 is a must for me every time I’m down there

Lineman1982 and Ronwiz like this.
  6. jlp

jlp Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Pelican Beach is at the end of my street and I hit Grills on a regular basis! Let me know next time you are heading to Grills and I will buy you a beer!

7. ams

ams Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2017
  8. robs9

robs9 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2015
    Dang, can't see picture!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

9. JM44

Feb 2, 2018
    that’s awesome, great spot you are in! Thank you for the offer. Hopefully I can get down there this winter if the China flu isn’t too bad.

Lineman1982 likes this.
  10. Rainyknight

Rainyknight Member

Jun 27, 2020
    I would have walked away from that one as well. Great area and the base course is nice, but then again i've never seen and Air Force base that didn't have a decent golf course and that includes Diego Garcia. I'm pretty sure they build the golf course before the runway but I could be wrong. Loved being stationed down there at Cape Canaveral. Love the area, people, weather the whole package.

FWoo45 and Ronwiz like this.
  11. CoalCracker.

CoalCracker. Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2020
    The gator wanted a new buddie. I like to shoot at golf balls. There a pretty durable reactive target.

Joni Lynn likes this.
  12. jaydoc

jaydoc i'm riding a turtle!

Aug 10, 2012
    Military base golf courses are frequently designed by some of the top names. Custer hill at Fort Riley was designed by Robert Trent Jones Junior. Unfortunately, it is currently closed because of Covid. They haven’t always kept it in the best condition either

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    FWoo45 and Ronwiz like this.
  13. Ronwiz

Dec 31, 2014
    The military base that has a golf course here is Patrick AFB located in southern Cocoa Beach. The picture I posted is a course called Savannahs Golf Course on north Merritt Island, just a couple of miles from the Kennedy Space Center. Being Florida, there are a lot of golf courses in this area. I like this area because its not quite a crowded as some of the more popular places in Florida. Speaking of Grills, I am close to the Grills in Port Canaveral.

JM44 and CoalCracker. like this.
  14. Ronwiz

Dec 31, 2014
    Here is another guy just of the fairway on the 15th hole at Savannahs.

[​IMG]

15. tarosean

tarosean Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2013
    surely you have watched enough Crocodile Hunter to know how to get your ball back. :eek:

Screw the Driver hand me the 300WM caddie!

16. tac45

tac45 What me worry ? Supporting Addict

Mar 4, 2012
    New from TTT, a golfer trap. !!

E63E8948-E5AF-457E-9BA3-8C48D0CDB56F.jpeg C4C3A26D-2D88-459E-81E3-D47C0944B315.jpeg
    Trap to be delivered by shipping director @Kip
    Send cash for expedited delivery

17. miketx

miketx Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Let the gator play through...

18. july19

july19 Womb? Weary? He rests. He has travelled. Supporting Addict

Sep 16, 2013
    Such cute, little pets. Shoot the thing and play through.;)

Ronwiz likes this.
  19. rockittsled

rockittsled Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2020
    My parents are in Port-a-john, I mean Port St John

tac45 and jlp like this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted