Would You Mind Praying for Me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nalajr, Mar 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Nalajr

Nalajr Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Hey all,

Please forgive me for asking this of you all. If it's against the rules, then I respectfully ask that you delete it. If asking this is not looked upon very favorably, please accept my apology for posting it.

Later today at 2pm I am going to the hospital to have a Heart Catheterization. A couple years ago I had one as part of an overall check because both sides of my family have heart disease. My Dad passed away in 2008 from an enlarged heart and my Mom has 7 stents. My doctor found I had 1 blockage that was at 40% but didn't do anything because they don't intervene until it gets to 70-75%. He also found my ejection fraction was at 39%. Normal is 40% and up.

Last year in March I had a couple bad infections that put me in the hospital for 5 days and then the E.R. a couple of times. After that happened I started retaining water and losing my breath. Scariest thing I had ever had in my life. I went straight to my cardiologist and he done an echocardiogram and found my ejection fraction was 9%. He put me on meds and had me come back in 2 months to do another diagnostic test where he found my EF was up to 25%. He seemed to think that my weakened heart was due to a viral issue and that if so, there was a good chance it could heal itself and get back to where it was before and maybe up into the normal range.
    I've been doing everything he said for almost a year now. I've lost a lot of my strength, but am slowly getting it back in tiny steps. I've also been wearing a thing called the LIFE VEST every day and night that is a portable defibrillator. SO...I've pretty much been on hold for almost a year. I can't do much of anything right now.

Later today I'll find out if my heart is back to "normal" or close to it, or it is well below normal in which case I'll have to have a defibrillator pacemaker type device implanted on my heart. I'm praying and hoping that isn't the case. I haven't had any symptoms like I experienced since last year.

So...I ask those of you that are religious to please remember me in your prayers. I can sure use them both for my physical issues and my emotional ones as well.
    Those of you that aren't religious....I ask only for your well wishes and good thoughts. I can sure use those too.

Thank you kindly for your time and any help you consider giving me today.
    Have a great week guys and gals and remember that none of us are promised tomorrow. Life can change in the twinkling of an eye.

Larry

pcso13, Jcord, Uncle Bob and 22 others like this.
  2. Harleyvato

Harleyvato Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2017
    Prayers out for you, the good thing is you caught it and seem to be on top of things. I worked in a cath lab and patients would come in not feeling well at all and be bright eyed and bushy tailed after an implant. I hope you don’t need one but if you do you’ll certainly feel better and can get back on your health program soon. Implants are always getting smaller an battery life is getting longer all the time(8-10 years in some patients). Again prayers for you!

xerts1191 likes this.

3. Trashy

Trashy Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2018
    Prayers for your physical and mental well being. Keep the faith and remember....God is in control.

4. blue steel 55

blue steel 55 Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Prayer sent. God speed.

5. Jwp

Jwp Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Feb 6, 2019
    Praying Larry!

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer,I have overcome the world.”

6. gaijin

gaijin Well-Known Member

May 18, 2015
    Vaya con Dios.

7. MDP

MDP MP Custom

Jul 22, 2016
    Praying for you.

8. Kip

Kip Sir Kip Esquire

Apr 12, 2016
    Prayers sent

Raylan Givens likes this.
  9. WWB

WWB Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Apr 11, 2015
    Prayer sent.

10. Oldgunner

Oldgunner Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2018
  11. DukeSoprano

DukeSoprano Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Jan 17, 2013
    Prayers sent, good luck buddy!

12. boatdoc

boatdoc Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2015
    wish we could do more. prayers are being sent for a speedy recovery and as close to normal heart a s possible

good luck

13. Old Sea Dragon

Old Sea Dragon Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2018
  14. slinger 45

slinger 45 ALWALS point the gun in a safe direction! ALWAYS!

Sep 22, 2017
    Done! Prayers sent! May GOD bless you!

15. Raylan Givens

Raylan Givens Never Forget

Aug 18, 2015
    Larry,

Stay positive and keep your faith. God bless.

16. hamholfarm

hamholfarm 1911Addicted-> Avoiding Intervention

May 10, 2014
    Well wishes and good thoughts! I hope for the best outcome for you and your family!

17. ZoidMeister

ZoidMeister Consider my signature line before replying . . . .

Dec 4, 2014
  18. Otherside

Otherside Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2019
  19. gunfighter45

gunfighter45 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2012
  20. bobo3020

bobo3020 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Prayers. Stay strong!

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted