1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a consumer, I learned a long time ago to not expect perfection. But depending on the product, I do have a certain level of what is acceptable. It's an understatement to say the issue in the pic is below my level acceptability.
S&W686(2).jpg

·
Registered
100 Posts
As a consumer, I learned a long time ago to not expect perfection. But depending on the product, I do have a certain level of what is acceptable. It's an understatement to say the issue in the pic is below my level acceptability.
View attachment 395925
Must be living in Puerto Rico during one of the recent earthquakes when he took the picture.

·
Pulling my hair.
28,134 Posts
Ouch. Sad that this was allowed to leave the factory. Quality isn't what it used to be.
Stuff like this has happened in everything built since we started building things. Hell some coins are like this from years ago and are worth a fortune. Sh!t happens as we are just human. Just a mistake that QC should have caught.

·
I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now
6,525 Posts
It's a 1 of 1, super rare. Ever see what missed printed bills and coins go for

·
Deo Volente
7,448 Posts
I have a silver proof statehood quarter PCGS 69 rated that has only three legs on the cow. As I understand it these are few and far between. It is referred to as a variant and is very desirable to set collectors, somewhere in the neighborhood of $1600 when I checked a few years ago.

All the other proof dies had four legs on the cow....

Reactions: Kip

·
Dremel jockey
4,216 Posts
I saw pictures of a full house custom Colt a few years ago,
that had the cocking serrations cut in reverse!
This was a Colt factory mistake.
The smith said he suffered from some dyslexia and never noticed it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Guys, that's deliberate -- part of S&W's brief "What's he shooting?" line. The idea was the rollmarks, albeit fuzzy at rest, would become readable under recoil, so folks at the range could look over and see what you were shooting if they were interested in it.

Whole thing's written-up in the SCSW; big time collectible.

·
Banned
393 Posts
My dad shot his brand new Colt King Cobra .357 and the front sight blew off after 25 rounds, boy was Dad friggin pissed. We showed gunsmith on sight and he said the pin broke that holds the front sight on.

20200216_131049.jpg

20200216_130955.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts