WTB: 357 Snubbie

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by barmandr, Jan 4, 2019.

1. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    Looking to buy a 357 snubnose. Prefer an SP101 or similar. Not interested in an LCR. Thanks.

2. TheWichitaGunClub

TheWichitaGunClub Well-Known Member Sponsor

Nov 25, 2016
    I can do BNIB Ruger SP101 357Mag 2.25" Stainless with or without hammer for 645.00 shipped. Or I have the SP101 357 Blue with Hammer for same price shipped..

Jess

Babboonbobo likes this.

3. barmandr

Oct 11, 2011
    Thanks, but prefer used as it's more in my budget.

TheWichitaGunClub likes this.
  4. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What is your budget for this gun. I was going to suggest S&W 640 Pro but it may be too expensive. Fluted barrel, night sights, shrouded hammer, and already cut for moon clips. I love mine.
    IMG_1463-001.JPG

Glock2740 likes this.
  5. Glock2740

Glock2740 1911 addict Staff Member Moderator

Aug 16, 2011
    Was gonna be my recommendation too. Love mine as well.

Bugs likes this.
  6. Mechanized

Mechanized He's a large "member" Supporting Addict

Sep 24, 2011
    I'm running 638? Cut for moon clips. It's a 38 but I reamed the cylinders to 9mm for cheap shooting

7. barmandr

Oct 11, 2011
    Budget is $500 or less.

8. Karsten

Karsten Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    $500 or less.....This isn't the the forum to go looking for bargains...Pre locks you are talking $800 plus.

Karsten

9. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    OK, then an SP01 is a good idea. You would be better off looking locally at your price point then here. Gotta ask, have you shot .357 out of a snub? It is a handful. I never use .357 in my snubs. Prefer .38 special rounds designed for short barrel. Much more controllable and .357 is not going to reach it's full potential out of a snub anyways so why punish yourself and your gun.

Babboonbobo likes this.
  10. Bully

Bully Is that so...

May 12, 2016
    From what little research I have done, 9mm is actually "better" out of a snubbie than 357/38.

I have a 9mm SP101 and love it. On GB they are in the low 5's (if memory serves). Might want to take a look.
    Good luck.

11. SparkyAZ

SparkyAZ It is a dry heat, right... Supporting Addict

Sep 11, 2012
    Let me add the Ruger Security Six to your list. Solid all steel 6 round revolver that can be found around your price range...
    002.JPG

Mike A, KS95B40, Babboonbobo and 5 others like this.
  12. barmandr

Oct 11, 2011
    Plenty of times. Had an SP101 previously but sold it to a member local to me. My mistake.

13. barmandr

Oct 11, 2011
    Who said anything about a pre-lock? I never said I was looking for a bargain either...plenty of SP101's on GB within my budget, but wanted to see if a fellow member had one before I went that route.

14. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    such an underrated revolver!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  15. Bugs

Bugs Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ever consider a used 686 3 inch barrel? I carry one in the winter in a Warbird Holster and can also enjoy some range time with it as it is a very competent revolver. The new ones are 7 shot and one of the few S&W current revos with a lock that I actually like. I pulled the lock out of mine and installed a plug. Did a trigger job and it is really nice. Can't say enough good things about the gun.

gps man and BennyAdeline like this.
  16. BennyAdeline

BennyAdeline Official Hi-Point Brand Representative

Nov 26, 2018
    OP, s&w makes a few no lock j frames in .38+p right now. With a good load like the Speer 135gr short barrel or the fbi load, you’ve got more than enough heat to handle any problems. .357 is a bear out of a snubby

17. gps man

gps man Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2015
    Wonderful guns!
    I’ve got them in 2.5” and 3”.
    Two of my favorite .357s.

18. mikegalway

mikegalway CEO of DILLIGAF industries Supporting Addict

Feb 23, 2014
    Keep you eyes on the classifieds and be patient and a little flexible . My favorite carry revolver is my 3 inch round butt model 65 S&W . These can be bought real reasonable . I believe the blued version is a model 13 . Good luck .

barmandr, gps man and Bugs like this.
  19. deadguy

deadguy Charlie Daniels Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    Are you considering airweight snubbies as well?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

20. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    I picked up a S&W J frame in 357mag locally for $400 a couple months ago. I carry that in a sticky holster in my front pocket for quick runs to the store. I wound recommended one of those if you can find one.

I also picked up a GP100 4” barrel for $500 off of the forum a month ago which I am happy with but I know that’s too big for your needs.

barmandr likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted