WTB 9mm Commander 1911

Discussion in 'Want To Buy Classifieds' started by Mudflap621, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Zero1911 likes this.
  2. Mudflap621

Mudflap621 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2020
    Yes I did see that but looks like they make a commander lightweight too looks pretty decent. It looks like it would make good base pistol to customize. Wonder how easy would be to strip the cerekote and refinish frame though? Seems like it’ll be hard to find exactly what I’m looking for so being able to get something like this lil cheaper and be able to build the exact way I would like is intriguing.

3. Zero1911

Zero1911 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2019
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867676244
    COMBAT UNIT CCO (9MM)
    UPC: 098289111968
    Model: Commander Model
    SKU: O9842CCU
    The Colt Combat Unit design was guided by US Special Forces Trainers whose tactical expertise delivered a gun equipped to handle and shoot with the highest levels of control, accuracy, and reliability – the rest depends on you.

A compact, anodized aluminum frame is corrosion-resistant and combines with a Commander-length slide for discreet carry. Custom G10 grips and 25 LPI checkering provide steady traction all around, and an undercut trigger guard and upswept beavertail safety command proper hand placement for accuracy and recoil control. Front and rear angled slide serrations and an extended magwell support quick reloads, while Novak sights quickly form an uncluttered sight picture. Colt’s Series 80 firing system and National Match Barrel ensure safe and precise shooting.
    Specifications
    • Action: Single Action
    • Barrel: 4.25"
    • Capacity: 9 + 1
    • Finish: PVD Black
    • Safety: Ambi Extended Thumb Safety
    • Sights: Novak Front & Rear
    • Stock: G10 Checkered Gray w/Scallop Grips
    • Magazine: 9 rd.
    • Weight: 32 oz.
    • Barrel Length: 4.25 National Match
    • Features: Series 80/ Extended Magwell

4. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    The Ronin's are forged steel, that does not make a LWC. For those, you want a RO Champion, I know I bought one and am enjoying the heck out of it.

5. Mudflap621

Feb 15, 2020
    Per their website the 4.25 has alloy frame and steel slide. I have been watching the champions just dunno how fond of the bull barrel and recoil system i am

6. Chris Herndon

Chris Herndon New Member

Jan 7, 2019
    I’ve got a Les Baer Black Baer if you are still looking. It’s got a little wear finish from a Hackathorn class

7. Uncle Bob

Sep 22, 2017
    Thanks, I ought to check that to be sure. I have the RO Champion in 9mm with a bull barrel, I love it and I am downright wicked with it box stock. I am slightly more accurate with my 45acps.. but I am having a ball with it. I did post a going past 1000 rounds review of it. Only serious complaint, hate the fiber in the front sight. Ignition system will get changed out, I have no faith in MIM.

switchback likes this.
  8. Mudflap621

Feb 15, 2020
    Bumping this still searching. Any input on how the newer colts compare to DW.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted