WTB: 9mm Compact Semi-Auto

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by barmandr, May 2, 2019.

1. barmandr

barmandr SHEEPLE HERDER Supporting Addict

Oct 11, 2011
    My daughter is getting her concealed permit, so I'm looking to pick her up an EDC. Want something compact, 9mm, and with an external safety. Looking for a Walther CCP, Ruger Security 9 Compact, M&P Shield, or similar types. Yes, I know these kinds of guns are fairly inexpensive new, but figured there may be an addict or two with something they want to part with. TIA.

2. jfrey

jfrey Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Oct 10, 2012
    Go with the Shield

3. DR_Diesel

DR_Diesel Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2019
    My two cents is you take your daughter to a range that rents out firearms and let her try to shoot some. I made a similar mistake in thinking my wife would love a Ruger she did not like it and it felt uncomfortable to her. This will also make sure that she knows it is her gun her decision. And by the way my wife prefered my Colt 2" python. Heavy as it was she liked the way it felt in her hand and the fact that she knows it's in her purse when she picks it up she can feel the weight.

4. AZ Husker

AZ Husker Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Oct 14, 2017
    Sig is releasing it's very popular P365 with a thumb safety.

5. barmandr

Oct 11, 2011
    That's a great platform, but a bit too pricey.

6. Kadonny

Kadonny Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    @barmandr I have a Shield I no longer use for carry and it's still in excellent shape. I color filled the roll marks (looks great) and have the custom Talon grip kit installed. I can dig up a picture or two if interested. I might let it go, it's been 100% reliable with not a single malfunction but I now carry my STI Staccato C so this one sits.

9mm, safety, 2 mags (one with Pearce pinky grip extension), box papers etc. and I even have a holster or 2 if I can find them. I am the only owner. Let me know if you are interested.

7. Capthobo

Capthobo NRA Endowment member Supporting Addict

Nov 9, 2016
    Last year I gave my daughter a Springfield 911 380. She loves it.
    Now Springfield offers the same platform in a 9mm.
    The gun carry’s very easily and conceals well.

8. barmandr

Oct 11, 2011
    Thanks all. Picked her up a Walther CCP.

Babboonbobo likes this.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted