1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states. Looking for the right base gun for a build. I'm in komifornia so it has to be at least 50 years old (C&R eligible) for me to import it. Anyone have something that meets the criteria that you're looking to move? Tried GB but their app shows guns that aren't C&R eligible under the C&R heading so I'll keep looking there but thought maybe there's an addict that has something that would fit the bill. Thanks for your time.

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts
Govt models only? I will check the coffers at the shop tomorrow

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir. I'm open to other options. A Gov size gun was what I was thinking but you've got my wheels turning.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
If you have two @karl ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts
OK, I have nada in the safe that fits your bill (at least that isn't already on my build docket for a client) I will let you know if anything happens thru here though.

FYI, there will be no Govt model 9mm's old enough, and 38 Super Govt models will not be cheap, Commander's can be found a touch more reasonable. This 4 digit turned out nice, and it's 4 digit brother is in the safe for a build next year.

View attachment 265081

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,734 Posts
I'll keep my eyes peeled as well, always looking for .38 super. Hot commodity right now though kind of bringing premium prices.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Thanks @Karl Beining and @Steve Owens

Sadly @FWoo45 I think we may have to go the less pleasant route of buying a 45 and having it converted to 9, I understand its a PITA and expensive but for those of us behind the iron curtain in the PRK it may actually be cheaper in the long run.

I curse this state, never more than I did this week seeing a Baer 9mm sell for $1,650 here, similar Baer posted locally in the PRK at $3,500!!

·
Premium Member
879 Posts
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/812981196

I had a few on my watch list, but scratched the itch with a 45 earlier today.

Not to derail your thread, but there are several pre-70 38 AMU or 38 Special Wadcutters out there which are converted from 38 Supers. I tried to understand if they can be converted back reasonably well and haven't been successful. Like this:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/810757636

·
1911 Pistol Smith
9,734 Posts
Thanks @Karl Beining and @Steve Owens

Sadly @FWoo45 I think we may have to go the less pleasant route of buying a 45 and having it converted to 9, I understand its a PITA and expensive but for those of us behind the iron curtain in the PRK it may actually be cheaper in the long run.

I curse this state, never more than I did this week seeing a Baer 9mm sell for $1,650 here, similar Baer posted locally in the PRK at $3,500!!
Like I told Frank I definitely sympathize with ya all for sure. I’m sure the founding fathers did not write the constitutions 2nd amendment rights with a side clause that said with the exceptions of some liberal retarded State governments that disagree. They are free to make it as impossible as need be to make themselves feel powerful and in control. And to make it so unpleasant and difficult that most of their free citizens of that State tap out instead of insistently filing lawsuits against those states for violating their constitutional and God given rights. Really stinks that affects collectors, enthusiasts, full time competitors and everyone absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts

That one is kind of awesome already too!

This one popped up on GB, about $5-600 over market value but probably about right for Cali :)

As an aside, if any member here in good standing needs a go-between FFL to receive from FFL's not willing to ship direct to Cali. I ship guns almost daily, and am setup with CA DOJ's website, small fee for the shipping and transfer.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Reactions: Capthobo

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like this is going to be a bit of a quest. Really looking for an all steel gun that hasn't been hacked on yet. Thanks Karl for being willing to help. Its greatly appreciated. Thanks to the others who have helped with suggestions too. I'll find it. Eventually.

·
Vendor
2,871 Posts
note, i bought a 1956 Govt Mod 45 from him a few weeks ago, seamless transaction

1 - 20 of 28 Posts