WTB Les Baer TRS, cash or trade for SA PRO

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by txhorns, Jun 12, 2017.

1. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I'm looking for a nice Les Baer TRS with no FCS.

I had a Pro for sale/trade on here but that gun has sold.

Not new to the site but I'm a reader not a poster. I have 70+ positive feedbacks on GB and can forward to anyone interested. Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Buckhorn

Buckhorn Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Any particular options you want or don't want on the TRS, FCS vs none, magwell, etc..? And are you looking for a newish gun only or is seasoned OK?

3. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I'd prefer no FCS and similar condition to my Pro which is very lightly used. That being said I have very little self control so who knows what might interest me. :D

4. Buckhorn

Nov 30, 2015
    It's hard to keep a Baer lightly used for long, they are too much fun! I think many of us here are in touch with the lack of self control, I'm right there with you!

Shocker2000 and Jollyroger1 like this.
  5. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I hear you. Sounds like I'm in the right place then.

6. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    May I ask the reason for wanting a TRS instead of the Pro?

Not liking the rail or just looking for something else?

And Buckhorn has a TRS that I lusted after and gave heavy consideration on buying.

7. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Fair question. I was really hoping that this Pro would stick but I think a TRS is a better package for my use. Part of it is me not warming up to the rail like I'd hoped but I also prefer how a Baer fits in my hand. I'm not sure why Mr. Baer specs his frames the way he does but they just feel right to me.

I know the exact TRS you speak of and its pretty good looking. Might have to twist Buckhorn's arm a bit on that one!

azpoolguy likes this.
  8. azpoolguy

azpoolguy Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Good reasons.

I've chased pistol and after shooting them once was ready to move on.

9. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Yep, gotta try em all I suppose. I do still really like this Pro, if I could justify or needed a railed 1911 it would be my pick. But right now I'm in a regular old blued and wood grips mood....with lightning bolts!

william adams and azpoolguy like this.
  10. Buckhorn

Nov 30, 2015
    That's a pretty good mood to be in, they really are great guns. I'm pretty focused on this Recon now so the TRS may be going elsewhere. It's a excellent gun but it's getting lonely since I got the railed Baer from Jolly.

11. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    I know that gun too. Awesome piece!

12. rjklein4470

rjklein4470 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    having owned both are you high? The pro is about the best gun you can buy for that amount of money, the TRS is not fit well at all. Trust me I know

william adams and cfl4rat like this.
  13. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Thanks for your input. Would you mind elaborating on the subject please? I've owned a few of both, liked them all but favored the Baers. I tend to shoot Baers better as they fit my hand better. I'm starting to think my hands are a carbon copy of Mr. Baer's.

14. rjklein4470

rjklein4470 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    then I would pick up a used Baer and send it to a smith and have the barrel refit

william adams and txhorns like this.
  15. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    10-4, good advice. I read and learned a lot on the recent thread about a Baer breaking a barrel lug. For me its probably worth the hassle to get a gun that fits me better. For some reason I can ride the thumb safety more comfortably on a Baer than any other 1911 I've owned.

16. switchback

switchback Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2014
    I believe check the gunsmithing thread, recently long conversation bout Baer barrel fitting, etc. Very interesting and informative with comments by several of the highest quality 'smiths here chiming in

txhorns likes this.
  17. Scotch&1911's

Scotch&1911's Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2015
  18. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014
    Thank you to all who have replied and sent PMs. As of now I have a deal I'd like to see through and will update when/if its finalized.

19. Hacker

Hacker Active Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Did you find a Les Baer Thunder Ranch? Or are you still looking for one? I happen to be in possession of a very nice one I just bought from Forum member. I might be interested in selling or working out some sort of trade.

20. txhorns

txhorns Member

Mar 12, 2014

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted