1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking for a nice Les Baer TRS with no FCS.

I had a Pro for sale/trade on here but that gun has sold.

Not new to the site but I'm a reader not a poster. I have 70+ positive feedbacks on GB and can forward to anyone interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Any particular options you want or don't want on the TRS, FCS vs none, magwell, etc..? And are you looking for a newish gun only or is seasoned OK?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd prefer no FCS and similar condition to my Pro which is very lightly used. That being said I have very little self control so who knows what might interest me. :D

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
May I ask the reason for wanting a TRS instead of the Pro?

Not liking the rail or just looking for something else?

And Buckhorn has a TRS that I lusted after and gave heavy consideration on buying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair question. I was really hoping that this Pro would stick but I think a TRS is a better package for my use. Part of it is me not warming up to the rail like I'd hoped but I also prefer how a Baer fits in my hand. I'm not sure why Mr. Baer specs his frames the way he does but they just feel right to me.

I know the exact TRS you speak of and its pretty good looking. Might have to twist Buckhorn's arm a bit on that one!

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Good reasons.

I've chased pistol and after shooting them once was ready to move on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, gotta try em all I suppose. I do still really like this Pro, if I could justify or needed a railed 1911 it would be my pick. But right now I'm in a regular old blued and wood grips mood....with lightning bolts!

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's a pretty good mood to be in, they really are great guns. I'm pretty focused on this Recon now so the TRS may be going elsewhere. It's a excellent gun but it's getting lonely since I got the railed Baer from Jolly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your input. Would you mind elaborating on the subject please? I've owned a few of both, liked them all but favored the Baers. I tend to shoot Baers better as they fit my hand better. I'm starting to think my hands are a carbon copy of Mr. Baer's.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for your input. Would you mind elaborating on the subject please? I've owned a few of both, liked them all but favored the Baers. I tend to shoot Baers better as they fit my hand better. I'm starting to think my hands are a carbon copy of Mr. Baer's.
then I would pick up a used Baer and send it to a smith and have the barrel refit

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
10-4, good advice. I read and learned a lot on the recent thread about a Baer breaking a barrel lug. For me its probably worth the hassle to get a gun that fits me better. For some reason I can ride the thumb safety more comfortably on a Baer than any other 1911 I've owned.

·
Registered
7,032 Posts
I believe check the gunsmithing thread, recently long conversation bout Baer barrel fitting, etc. Very interesting and informative with comments by several of the highest quality 'smiths here chiming in

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you to all who have replied and sent PMs. As of now I have a deal I'd like to see through and will update when/if its finalized.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Did you find a Les Baer Thunder Ranch? Or are you still looking for one? I happen to be in possession of a very nice one I just bought from Forum member. I might be interested in selling or working out some sort of trade.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts