1911 Firearm Addicts banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Avatar is back to my favorite things!
9,737 Posts
I’m missing what all the hoopla is about but then realized I must have blocked whomever started the crap because I don’t see it!

My grandson (daughters) loves this stuff and plays with his uncles (my sons) old cars and yes we actually have a couple of those city rugs up in the play room! All the grandkids love playing upstairs.

·
Premium Member
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mine and my brothers have passed down through to the nephews and not sure where they are now. I will have to check over at mom and dads next time I'm there. I'll have to see if there are any still here from our grand kids. I played with those things for countless hours as a kid.
Not sure what happened to mine. Used to but one every two weeks at Ideal Hardware Store.
They were $1.04 with tax and my weekly allowance was only $1

·
Banned
490 Posts
Where I went to school, they taught us that China and Malaysia were two different countries.
Meh. I have cars, still in the package, from the 90s that say, "Made in China." I have some that say "Made in Thailand" and others that were made in Malaysia.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Really? Used Matchbox cars? They're a buck each, sometimes two for a buck. Buy him one or two every couple of weeks so he doesn't get overwhelmed by 50 new cars at one time.
Buying new is just wasteful!!!!! especially when our addict friends probably have shoe boxes full of them laying around and could use a good home.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Really? Used Matchbox cars? They're a buck each, sometimes two for a buck. Buy him one or two every couple of weeks so he doesn't get overwhelmed by 50 new cars at one time.
They've been Chinese for decades.
Matchbox and Corgi were UK, not Hotwheels. I think that I bought my last UK made Matchbox car around 1984. I'm not sending it to some wanker to give to a snot nosed kid and I doubt that any collector would.

I think that you're just a cheap bastid who wants to score cheap toys for his grandkid.

I seem to have touched a nerve since you're now cursing at me. LOL.
Meh. I have cars, still in the package, from the 90s that say, "Made in China." I have some that say "Made in Thailand" and others that were made in Malaysia.
Hey man, I am sorry that there wasn't anyone buying you cars when you were a kid. But you did get older and bought your own.

So stop being bitter that this guy is buying cars for his grandson.

You cried because he cursed at you but you call him and his grandson names? Get help for your cranial anal inversion.

·
Premium Member
26,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Matchbox and Corgi were UK, not Hotwheels. I think that I bought my last UK made Matchbox car around 1984. I'm not sending it to some wanker to give to a snot nosed kid and I doubt that any collector would.

I think that you're just a cheap bastid who wants to score cheap toys for his grandkid.

I seem to have touched a nerve since you're now cursing at me. LOL.
You had better hope we never meet face to face. You can say all you like about me, I’m ok with that. But insulting my almost two and a half year old grandson, that’s over the line.

“Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.” — ABRAHAM LINCOLN.

We can now close this WTB thread, two members have graciously offered me some cars.
@Razer
@WWB

21 - 40 of 77 Posts