WTB: Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Bender, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Razer

Razer On The Razers Edge Staff Member Admin Moderator Supporting Addict

Jul 1, 2012
    Enjoy your time with the English.

Capthobo, Old_Man, azpoolguy and 10 others like this.
  2. limbkiller

limbkiller Pulling my hair. Supporting Addict

Aug 18, 2011

3. rhsth4

rhsth4 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2018
    Dropped the ban hammer I see. Good. This forum needs to stay full of good people.

4. JH225

JH225 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Moron shows his :moon:, dares someone to show him the door, and someone does.

Pretty damn funny. :roflmaro::roflmaro:

5. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Shoot me a PM @Bender I'd be happy to pick some up for your Grandson and send them your way!

isialk and Lineman1982 like this.
  6. Bender

Bender Supporting Addict Supporting Addict

Aug 15, 2011
    Thanks Hunt’

Appreciate the offer but he is well stocked now.

It never was about the money. It’s about acquiring cars for him that have history. Toys that have been well loved and used and that need another child’s love. We, the wife and I, would rather the grandchildren enjoy toys with a story than ones from WalMart

isialk, Jollyroger1, FWoo45 and 5 others like this.
  7. Hunt5877

Hunt5877 Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 27, 2019
    Totally respect that, your a good Grandpa! If his inventory changes just hit me up the offer stands. The Wife and I have no kids of our own just pets. Trick Or Treaters make my day every year they show up I pile their bags down, never in life can you make somebody so happy for the price of some candy. I agree not about the money.

8. rhsth4

rhsth4 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2018
    @Bender
    Called the parents they’re busy remodeling and don’t remember where they put them. If they find em they’ll call me and I’ll send em your way.

isialk, Bender and Jollyroger1 like this.
  9. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2020
    Though mine are not for sale, I share your kid's want for cool cars. I've collected them since I was a yout and still do. An addict for sure. Good luck on your hunt! 20200929_193640.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    isialk, azpoolguy, pwgunny and 8 others like this.
  10. azguy1911

azguy1911 I'm done buying guns, I'm just a bystander now

Oct 22, 2015
    WTF man, this isn't that type of forum. Be nice or go elsewhere. Personally, I think the mods should suspend you.

11. FWoo45

FWoo45 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2017
    He gone.

12. DWdude

DWdude Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2019
    Cool beans! Nice collection.

isialk likes this.
  13. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2020
    thank you

14. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    A stunning collection......nice case as well

Adler plays with these, at least the ones on the floor. They are 1/24 scale and a bit big & heavy for him now.

DC02ADFF-33C0-45A3-95D1-0C098CDF275D.jpeg 6D568F27-3A03-4AD4-999B-1A4A9CB47C78.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Lineman1982, SparkyAZ, isialk and 7 others like this.
  15. Buck Buck

Buck Buck Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Good for you! Nothing wrong with used toys, and some older toys hold up better, even if they lost their paint job ;-) I've given old magic tricks, Legos, & Hot Wheels away, if a youngster shows interest. Even a young teenage girl thought my magic card deck was pretty cool, so I gave it to her. She was thrilled!
    Might also look at garage sales and estate sales, even if they want 2 dollars a car, make an offer. My 3 year-old grandson had filled an empty ammo can with hot wheels by time he was two. At an estate sale I found an older style Bugatti (1930's?) and he loved it!
    Ralph's grocery store sells them for $0.99, so couple times a month, 1 maybe 2 cars, get added to the grocery shopping. I'll pick him up for a hug and tell him to check my shirt pocket. He gets a kick out of this 'game' - me too.
    He knows almost all of the car model names, from an
    Alpha Romeo to Zephyr, and Cudas, Porsches, Land Rovers, Jeep, Mustang, Corvettes, etc This amazes me and he pronounces Bugatti like a pro racer.
    He also needs several more ammo cans for all his cars now! LOL

Thread was starting to devolve into something resembling Road Rage. Hope we don't want that here !!
    (assumptions, opinions, and brains 'not in gear' b4 mouth opens...;-)

Happy Motoring Grandpa Bender!

isialk and 1911 crazed like this.
  16. Greg M.

Greg M. Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 6, 2020
    Glad you found some cars. I work with a guy who has a ton of them if you need more I’ll work a deal and get them sent to you.

I also saw a mention of Tonka trucks. I bought my almost 4 year old boy his first metal Tonka dump truck about a month ago. Probably got 1500 miles on it already haha. He loves it and always having to move dirt or rocks off the concrete where he dumps it.

On another note glad that dude is gone he was one of the most depressing people to see make post on the forum. Thanks mods!!

17. Bender

Aug 15, 2011
    Great yo hear Greg’

I do need to start looking for a few all metal Tonkas.

isialk and 1911 crazed like this.
  18. pwgunny

pwgunny Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2020
    Bender has cars coming for his Grandson.
    Some cool car collecting photos appeared, and a jerk got banned!
    This thread turned out to be AWESOME! LOL
    :cheers::cheers:

19. isialk

isialk Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Jan 7, 2017
    I know that sometimes things on this forum can get a bit heavy if not downright gnarly. Especially re politics, Covid-19, masks, voting, GUNS! I get that. Hell, I think I understand some of that. But I’ll never understand how a cool post where a grandpa asks about some TOY FLIPPING CARs for his grandson can somehow become contentious! My friend Scaramouche has counseled me to to keep my feet on the sunny side of the street. I’m trying, but sometimes I swear I just get angry. Bender, your grandson will have a blast with you and those cars. My boys did, and now my grandchildren do to. I don’t remember where we picked this up, but my little boilermaker digs it. Im sure Amazon or ebay has them. He’s three and cars, trains, and guns are his favorites. Keep up the good work Papa!
    IMG_3485.jpg
    IMG_3486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Bender

Aug 15, 2011

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted