1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new to this forum and thought I would reach out to members and put request out there. My understanding is these were a finer build before CZ buyout. Please bear with me on understanding how this forum works and replies. Thanks for you help...CMG

·
Custom Pistolsmith
3,467 Posts
Hi, I’m new to this forum and thought I would reach out to members and put request out there. My understanding is these were a finer build before CZ buyout. Please bear with me on understanding how this forum works and replies. Thanks for you help...CMG
I'm pretty sure DW did not make a cbob before CZ took them over. And to be honest with you, the CZ guns, in my opinion, are very fine guns for the money.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It was actually a version of the Patriot model released in 2004, either a commander PT-C, PT-CBOB bobbed version, or a PT-CCO. Later it became the Classic model. Not a whole bunch out there I was lucky enough to snag one this week. Not better than today's DW's for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking for the 4.25 commander model or as you say it maybe the patriot model. Pre CZ..my understanding is hard to find and if today’s CZ are even a better build, may have to think that route...Thanks for the info

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
the Patriot, SS commander bobtail, that my buddy owns and I've shot many times is OK. Not the quality of todays offerings, IMHO. And, I hesitate to say this, but pretty certain the older models have cast frames. But so do Rugers, Caspians, etc etc

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Don't get me wrong they still are nice guns but some of the small parts could have been MIM and the fit and finish is hard to beat on the newer pistols. If you can find one reasonable buy it. My Guardian is a great gun and it is a commander style.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
The first ones produced had forged frames, then there was procuring forged frames and they switched to investment cast frames. Cast frames are more prominent for the commander series Patriots. There is no difference in quality with the cast frame.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great to know.....now just need someone to reach out with a Great deal their willing to part with or stay on the hunt. Thanks for info and feel to reach out anytime.....

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
OK, I have a C-Bob that I purchased about a year ago. I shoots as good as a 3K gun I have. I won't mention the brand name because I will just embarrass myself. Also, it got me to make the change to Thin grips on "almost" all my 1911's. Go for it -Defiantly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So HDM, you have a DW Cbob you purchased a year ago and will to part with it. From my understanding I cannot go wrong with the newer models over purchasing older model. If it shoots as good as high end and would recommend it....where would we stand On pricing? That you would be comfortable with...just let me know when you get a chance.

·
Banned
1,853 Posts
I sorry, a misunderstanding or I misspoke. No I do not want to part with it. And I would highly recommend the purchase of a new one. Great gun the price. I was very surprised.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All good..... I was thinking the newer Cbob would b a good investment instead of chasing down an older model... if you might have any leads for one, please pass my way...Thanks for the response...and miss understanding....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts