WTS: Rolex submariner excellent condition stainless date

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by dmvu, Nov 3, 2018.

1. dmvu

dmvu Active Member

Jul 22, 2016
    SOLD

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  2. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    They are nice. I have had one, but given to me by someone I would prefer not to remember so I sold it. But they sure have appreciated in the past 10-15 years. I think she paid 3250.00 for it. Thought not assembled by Rolex so thus does not have the same cache' is a watch that is rated as good as and reportedly uses the same automatic movement is a Steinhart Ocean One. I have one and it is as heavy, well built as anything else from the Swiss guys.

ImperialBlade likes this.

3. Babboonbobo

Babboonbobo Avatar is back to my favorite things!

Nov 18, 2014
    A Rolex is on my watch list some day, just not today but GLWS!!

4. PWS

PWS Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 20, 2016
    Hey, Boatdoc, teach me...the Rolex Submariner is not assembled by Rolex?

5. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    The Steinhart Ocean One is a well made good looking watch that uses the Swiss Made ETA2824-2 automatic movement which is rated as one of the best. Rolex, to the best of my knowledge, uses it own movements which is part of the mystique. I would proudly wear either one.

UBOATDOC and ImperialBlade like this.
  6. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    yes it is. I have a couple.

UBOATDOC likes this.
  7. PWS

PWS Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Mar 20, 2016
    Thanks, guys...I don't have a Submariner, but I do have several others...I've always thought Rolex did not sub much out....

UBOATDOC likes this.
  8. UBOATDOC

UBOATDOC THE DOCTOR WILL SEE YOU......LATER Supporting Addict

Apr 5, 2015
    Rolexs are assembled by Rolex. The movement used by Rolexs are of course unique(shared amongst the many different models and likely also Tudor. There are many watches that are as good or perhaps even better. For my money a Steinhart is an excellent watch and an Ocean One stainless is between 800-1500 depending on where you look. My next watch purchase is likely going to be an Omega Speedmaster, which are excellent automatic watches and less than half the price of a Submariner. I had a Submariner because primarily I am a Submariner and made multiple FBM patrols in both the Atlantic and Pacific. I sold the watch, because it no longer held the same affection wearing it and I have other much more wonderful memorabilia from that time. So I cure my watch snobbery with research about watches that might be as good, but nowhere near as expensive. My daily wear watch is a stainless Invicta which has an automatic Japanese made movement and looks nearly identical to a Submariner but was 100 bucks. Losing it would be an inconvenience, not a life altering crisis. I might get another Submariner someday.....but it would have to be given and not purchased by me.

Busa Dave likes this.
  9. TRRK Trading

TRRK Trading Well-Known Member Supporting Addict Sponsor

Oct 18, 2018
  10. Busa Dave

Busa Dave Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2018
    Yes my favorites are my Paneri's. Wife was in the industry for 25 years. Now Rolex was not one of their brands. I have to buy them at market price. They(rolex) have a new one been out 3 year that actually has a complication movement Sky Dweller that is interesting. She was around the watchmakers all of the time and they all think highly of the Rolex movements. Someday I am going to start selling the watches I have gotten through her. They just sit in the safe. Want a Rodger Dubuis but she says no :(. Am out hunting this thread made me think about it again will ask when I get home!

danc1996 likes this.
  11. dmvu

dmvu Active Member

Jul 22, 2016
    bump. Someone has to want a submariner. Great timepiece for a beginner or to add to collection. 6650 shipped overnight

12. Sniper 217

Sniper 217 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Any partial trades?

13. dmvu

dmvu Active Member

Jul 22, 2016
    Only partial trade I would consider is a nice 1911 in 9mm or 2011 in 9mm. But preferably cash.

Sniper 217 likes this.
  14. dmvu

dmvu Active Member

Jul 22, 2016
    Bump 6650 OBO. Christmas is coming up you deserve to treat yourself

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted