close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WTS Winchester SX2 Sporting 12 ga, wood stock, UNFIRED, in SC

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by DRYHUMOR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DRYHUMOR

DRYHUMOR Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    At one point, I thought I would get into sporting clays. But, I'm too sidetracked by pistols, rifles, and work to have gotten there. I can't remember how long I've had this one, but it's never been fired. I'm thinking I may have assembled it once, but not certain. Winchester's description here:

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/catalog/historic-detail.asp?family=009C&offset=12&mid=511006

30" bbl from muzzle to the rear of the chamber, vent rib, 2 white beads. 2 gas valves, 5 chokes (6 if I can find an extra full Briley I've got floating around somewhere), case, shims for cast and LOP adjustment. The spots on the reciever are oil from the case foam.

Shipped to your FFL (FFL must accept from non FFL OR add $20 to the price) for $765.00. USPS money order only. Will sell FTF around Columbia, SC for $750.00 cash.

I've been eyeballing a new stock for one of my rifles, or this one would stay where it is. I had another SX2 for a time, it's slicker than snot on duck poop, super fast cycling with light recoil.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    You guys know they don't make these any more......... and, you're not likely to find one with the spiffy red case. That was special order.

3. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    TTT.

Duck season is coming............

4. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    BUMP for an amazing gun. I have an old SX1 and love it.

Sporting clays have no chance!

GLWS

5. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Thanks for the bump Carolinaboy.

I can't believe there's no love for the SX2.

Seeings how it's been listed for week now, I'll drop the shipped price to $725.00 and the FTF price to $700.00.

Another week and it goes back into the safe. It's been pretty low maintenance so far.... especially since I haven't had to feed it.

6. Joe C

Joe C Custom Pistolsmith Sponsor

Sep 11, 2011
    I can't believe you haven't sold this yet! Wow...wish I was more into shotguns and I'd be all over it! What a great deal on a super gun!

7. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Heck Joe, with all them pheasants out there, I figured you would've already been all over it.

8. deadguy

deadguy Glen Campbell Supporting Addict

Sep 7, 2011
    DH is the capacity limited to 3 or 5 without the plug? Also, can an 18" barrel be used (if there is one made that will fit it)?

9. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    Nah, I'm finally getting serious about saving for my Merkel and my Ceasar Guerini...so I can hunt those birds with a bit of panache. You know, kill em' with style! LOL!

10. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    "Panache". Joe, if I was hitting doves at 60 plus yds this year with an SX in 20 ga..... you can't get more panache than that :biggrin1:

Maybe you should see my Weatherby Orion in 20 ga. It hasn't gotten any play this year at all. It's still got some panache left :eyebrows:

Deadguy,

Magazine cap is 4, so it's a 5 shot. The chamber is 3". As for a barrel, don't know; the list price for 24-26-28 is over $300. Finding one used and having it shortened may be an option. I don't know about aftermarket.

11. Joe C

Sep 11, 2011
    I hear ya man! Still can't believe you were blastin' those birds at that distance...good shooting.

Deadguy, this gun is a bargain for sure.

12. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    Yeah Joe i know it is bro and I live in SC!!!

13. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    It was early season, they were still "inocent" and "trusting". Now, they got move moves than Michael Jordon in his early twenties.

14. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Pre weekend bump. :pop2:

15. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Christmas is coming....

16. anowal01

anowal01 New Member

Oct 26, 2011
  17. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    PM replied to....

18. deadguy

Sep 7, 2011
    Is a congratulatory thread in order yet?

19. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Still for sale. Sure are a lot of veiws on this thread.....

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  20. DRYHUMOR

Sep 20, 2011
    Times getting shorter for a Christmas delivery......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.