WTT/WTS: (REDUCED AGAIN) Les Baer SRP Comanche Hillsdale

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Jstamper, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    6049AE4B-2C2D-4FBD-B8D6-B93A80D25469.jpeg 3809DA9E-C371-4755-B119-5B0E2106864B.jpeg 1EEB3051-02AC-4501-92AA-DB214FA273A1.jpeg 260C7E51-9C95-4C17-8981-32E513A7D6E1.jpeg Hillsdale Les Baer SRP Comanche with shiny finish.

Recently traded from @dstallguy

This is not a safe queen, but definitely not abused. A few light marks in the finish (not down to metal), and very slight wear on edges near muzzle. I can send high-res pics via email if desired.

Not certain on the round count, as I am at least the third Addict to own it. I’ve put around 250 flawless rounds of four different factory ammo types through it, and it runs like a Swiss watch. It is quite accurate with a couple of those, and a less so with one of the cheaper kinds (as to be expected).

$1700 shipped or trade.

Trade interests are mainly a lower-value SS (already have some build parts laying around) full size 45 plus cash, a DW Heritage would be ideal.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    boatdoc, Glock2740, ronin11 and 6 others like this.
  2. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Also interested in a 3” or 4” .357 revolver, perhaps a K6, + cash.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019

3. Bigmad888

Bigmad888 The black hole

Nov 1, 2016
    This a real good shooter! Priced as much as a high end Kimber only twice the gun!

4. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    PM replies sent...

I’ve found a Heritage for sale, so all reasonable offers considered.

5. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    I would also consider rifle trades, or really most any gun trade that included significant cash, or perhaps multiple gun trades.

6. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    OK, let’s get this one gone.

$1,600 shipped

or

$1675 including a very lightly used Tucker Gunleather “The Answer” lined hybrid IWB holster.

I am also now listing it a couple of other places. However, I would much rather it go to an Addict, since this is simply the best forum community I’ve seen. So, if you’re on the fence, please don’t wait.

Thanks!
    Jonathan

7. GaryWWhite

GaryWWhite Member

Apr 22, 2016
    Just sayin, you might want to keep the pistol and customize it? I got the itch about 4 years ago to get back into the 1911 and bought a semi customized SA TRP. It is now fully customized with all forged parts including a WC match grade barrel. I use this for Bullseye. My next two purchases were a fully accessorized WC CQB and a WC Hunter in .460 Rowland. I don't want to sell any of my guns. Oh, I also have a S&W Mod. 41 rimfire that I really love. Good luck on selling or trading your LB!

simonp likes this.
  8. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Thanks for the thought, but this one needs a new home.

I’m not sure what could be done in terms of customizing it, except for personal preference of grips/sights/etc.; it’s already a pretty darn well-put-together pistol.

I hate to admit it, but I’ve gone to abominable plastic pistols for carry. I’d hoped this one would get be back in the groove of carrying a 1911, but it didn’t. I used to have a VBOB that I carried quite a bit, but without the bobtail this one doesn’t quite “do it” for me. Or perhaps I just got spoiled by the light weight of plastic.

I do shoot a bit of competition, and for that I prefer full-size with adjustable sights and magwell.

So, I just don’t have a niche for this SRP.

For someone looking for a solid all-round pistol however, it would be hard to beat.

I do like trading and trying differnet things for a while, though, so please no one hesitate to propose about any fair +cash trade.

9. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Also quite interested in any Sig P320 + cash trade.

10. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    This one will slingshot.

WhoIsJohnGalt? likes this.
  11. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    So, what is it going to take for someone to decide they can’t live without this one?

I’ve never paid a ton of attention to Baers, and I sort of stumbled into the trade for this one. My pricing is admittedly based on the value of that trade, not diligent market research. Is my price way off?

12. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    Your price is in line with the market for the SRP but the 5” model is in more demand. I had a Comanche SRP and it is one fine Commander size 1911.

Jstamper likes this.
  13. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
  14. DSTallguy

DSTallguy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 13, 2017
    Guys. Seller is good to go. My last transaction was perfect.

ronin11 and Jstamper like this.
  15. Les White

Les White Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2015
    I checked with Les Baer Custom and this pistol was manufactured in June of 1997. According to my Baer January 20, 1997 price list this pistol sold for $2495 and I think that included the wooden box. The Premier II was $1428 for comparison sake.
    My take on this is this era SRP has a lot of attention to detail that the rest of the line did not have. I may be wrong on this but it is the only thing that seems logical.
    In other words this is on fine pistol.
    GLWS

Jstamper likes this.
  16. DSTallguy

DSTallguy Well-Known Member Supporting Addict

Sep 13, 2017
    This has the Baer elevation adjustable rear sight so you can adjust to your preferred sight picture.

17. simonp

simonp Well-Known Member

May 27, 2016
    If only it was Kali legal

GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

18. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Pm replies sent.

19. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017
  20. Jstamper

Jstamper Member

Nov 10, 2017

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted