1911 Firearm Addicts banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
NRA Lifetime Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1944 Colt 1911A1 for sale or partial trade. I am willing sell but would prefer to do a partial trade for a compact 1911. It was shipped on November 2, 1944. Condition is 97% of original finish. Original blueing on the barrel is spectacular. All stamps and hardware match. I also have three or four original magazines from Scoville and others which took a long time to track down. Truly, a museum quality piece. I’ll have more details and photos later today and will be happy to answer any questions!

Price: $4000 (Gun, magazines, and magslab)

Trades: carry sized 1911s, xtac, BW carry, ect. Plus cash
Gun Brown Firearm Photograph Trigger
Gun Firearm Trigger Line Gun accessory
Wood Hardwood Fixture Wood stain Grey
Wood Hardwood Wood stain Metal Trigger
Tints and shades Office equipment Eye glass accessory Still life photography Peripheral
Trigger Shotgun Metal Air gun Steel
Grey Metal Composite material Iron Steel
Text Atmosphere Grey Close-up Circle
Grey Technology Composite material Material property Cylinder
Wood Hardwood Writing implement Stationery Pen

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Any history on this? I would love to have it, but in the absence of a car loan style layaway, I can’t afford it (currently). I would still be thrilled to follow the history.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Any history on this? I would love to have it, but in the absence of a car loan style layaway, I can’t afford it (currently). I would still be thrilled to follow the history.
I bought it on consignment from a gun store in VA when I was stationed there, then sold on here, they didn't give me any history from the seller. That's the recent history at least.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I hope the person that buys it from you doesn't give you as hard of a time as you gave me! Hahaha Seller is good to go guys, very honest and thorough, and the gun is honestly beyond incredible. I wish I hadn't sold it.

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts
I bought it on consignment from a gun store in VA when I was stationed there, then sold on here, they didn't give me any history from the seller. That's the recent history at least.

That's the one nice thing about living on that side of the country. Really nice 1911s and 1911A1s tend to turn up, especially at estate sales.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts