XS Big Dot sights?

Discussion in 'Autoloaders' started by Carolinaboy, Jan 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Carolinaboy

Carolinaboy Aim Small Miss Small Supporting Addict

Sep 17, 2011
    Anybody have these or have any experience with them? I'm debating getting these or some trijicon night sights for the G19. The XS sights seem pretty interesting. A lot of Glock guys use them from what I've seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]
    (LEFT)
    [​IMG]

I like the theory behind the XS sights. I mean that is what I'm using my G19 for quick SD shooting. Not going for crazy accuracy with a compact Glock. That is what my 1911s are for

2. dirty barrel

dirty barrel ( . Y . )

Oct 30, 2011
    I have shot with both. I personally hate the Trijicon night sights. The dots are to small and I find them to be distracting in the day time. The XS sights are great but do take some getting used to I like them for the exact purpose you have stated. If you end up getting the XS's I would just plan on some extra range time to adjust. I really like having the same sights on all of my guns, at least the ones that get carried.

3. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    This is my primary carry gun. The main complaints I have of NS is the daytime shooting with them. NS honestly aren't gonna make you a better shot in lowlight. Yeah they'll help but not making it easier to shoot

Only thing I like about the Trijicons is they are much whiter than other NS. I had Meprolight Tru-Dots on my XD and liked em pretty well

4. Quack

Quack it's mmm, mmm good... Staff Member Admin

Aug 15, 2011
    I had them for my Glock, but didn't care for them. Back then it was Meps for me, but now I like the 10-8 rear and fiber optic front.

5. CMG

CMG Member

Aug 20, 2011
    I tried the Ashley Big Dot sights, which was before XS bought them out, and didn't find they lived up to their claims for better speed.

I've gone back to the standard notch and post setup. I have tritium sights on all of my Glocks, but only a few of my 1911s.

6. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Got a shot of your sight setup?

7. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    Which setup? On my glock I'm using a 10-8 and factory front.

8. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    here's my sights that i use on my STI Tactical, which is one of my carry guns.

[​IMG]

9. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Gotcha I thought you were talking about your Glocks. I like that sight setup

May go with a Brass Bead & 10-8 like I have on my Warrior

10. Quack

Aug 15, 2011
    i have A 10-8 rear on my glock, but haven't installed a new front because i have a G24 and my nut driver is too big to fit. I installed/shot the 10-8 rear/brass front on 2 of Hokie's Glocks, but didn't care for the brass because it was tarnished and was still similar to the stock front sight in regards to visibility.

11. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Hmm....decisions decisions

I just gotta get rid of that darn rear sight, I can't stand that square sight

12. R0CKETMAN

R0CKETMAN NRA member Supporting Addict

Dec 24, 2011
    Crappy iPhone pics. Warrens, my favorite Glock sights.

I would really like to see Hilton put the single yellow in his 1911 rear sight. I don't like the profile on the Warren 1911 rear. Thinking about doing it myself and throwing them on my Pro.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. turtle bob

turtle bob New Member

Sep 25, 2011
    I have the standard xs sights on my gsg1911 pics n video for u to check out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. John Ryder

John Ryder Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I've shot a pistol with XS sights and didn't care for them at all, so I'd take the Trijicon's without a doubt.

The setup I'm using now is a Warren Tactical Rear with a Trijicon HD front with a Orange insert. I think it combines the easy to pickup front without being so large to mess with accuracy at a distance. Ameriglo also sells a similar front sight, part #GL-212 I believe. As long as you use a .150" or larger rear that has a deep notch (Warren or Heinie are the only two I've found to work) you'd be fine.

I'll try an get a photo of mine later, but here is a photo is the same setup - http://nevertoofar.smugmug.com/Othe...ght-sights/17764691_4jzdcx#1356736415_gjTb38H

15. Carolinaboy

Sep 17, 2011
    Thanks guys, I gotta figure out what I want and just go with it

16. TXwheels

TXwheels Active Member

Sep 22, 2017
    I have the XS tritium standard dot sights on the pistol in my Avitar.
    I'll never go back to a notch rear and post front sight again and I'm in the process of putting XS standard dots on all my pistols.

You need 3 posts to add links to your posts! This is used to prevent spam.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted