1911 Firearm Addicts banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
802 Posts
I picked up a pair years ago and it is one of the few sets of grips I’ve never considered selling. Also have a set of 10-8 prototype grips kicking around, which I’m considering using on a build

·
Enabler
3,409 Posts
Thanks!

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up a pair years ago and it is one of the few sets of grips I’ve never considered selling. Also have a set of 10-8 prototype grips kicking around, which I’m considering using on a build
For some reason believe he and VZ got into since Yam claims he 'invented' the superscoop, gave the design to VZ to use on his signature grips, then they (VZ) started using them on other grips without his permission.
And now we know why God invented patents and copyrights.

Reactions: GoetzTalon

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick up a couple sets- have to believe they'll be worth more than what he's asking when they run out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How does that inlay hold up over time? That looks like the type of thing that could turn yellow and/or shrink and/or fall off. Maybe it just looks like what I'm thinking of, but it's different.

·
802 Posts
For some reason believe he and VZ got into since Yam claims he 'invented' the superscoop, gave the design to VZ to use on his signature grips, then they (VZ) started using them on other grips without his permission.
And now we know why God invented patents and copyrights.
I’ve also heard this description, don’t know how accurate it is though

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does that inlay hold up over time? That looks like the type of thing that could turn yellow and/or shrink and/or fall off. Maybe it just looks like what I'm thinking of, but it's different.
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/hilton-yam’s-springfield-professional.70557/

That Pro ain't new by any stretch of the imagination, nor is it a safe queen.
Judge the grip inlay for yourself. Looks like it's a bit cloudy, but I sincerely doubt most get even close to that amount of use.

Reactions: uncommonsense

·
802 Posts
The version I have is essentially a sticker.

I’ve had he grips for maybe 5 or 6 years at this point. They haven’t changed color or fallen off yet, but I haven’t been using them very hard either.

I’m curious to see what the new version looks like. Hopefully they will be more medallion-like

·
Enabler
3,409 Posts
Pick up a couple sets- have to believe they'll be worth more than what he's asking when they run out.
I bought them all MWAHAHAHA.

just kidding ;)

·
What me worry ?
11,080 Posts
See page 987362 of your TTT catalog,Dan and all others seeking
YAM grips. ! On sale now. !
C8C8E98C-BBE7-4CAE-818D-691E520CA8F2.png

Full inlay available
D61719BC-C753-4B0D-A45A-04A987B82CD8.png

TTTs yam grips are easily adjustable for that perfect fit !
D0EE1C7C-4597-4B7F-9068-6DB884373B78.jpeg

@BBP , send bushel of steamed crabs all others send cash .

·
Enabler
3,409 Posts
See page 987362 of your TTT catalog,Dan and all others seeking
YAM grips. ! On sale now. !
[
@BBP , send bushel of steamed crabs all others send cash .
LOL Yer crazy man.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Delivered and installed.
Definitely not something you’d want carrying IWB against skin. These grips will take chunks of meat off.
But they feel good in the hands and are purdy.

64A91FE4-8820-42B6-92A6-3BC59DF84143.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ordered a set, don't know why as I don't like the super scoop. Will give it a try and if I don't like them, I'm sure someone else will want them.

·
Fun O' Meter on FULL
5,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ordered a set, don't know why as I don't like the super scoop. Will give it a try and if I don't like them, I'm sure someone else will want them.
If you're not a super scoop fan, I'd keep them in the bag and wait a couple of years then turn around and sell them for well over $120. Look at some old ads where people were snatching them up used for that price.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts